4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Kenne Bell 2.1L complete

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Nice hangwire, grats on getting that blower installed. That coolant issue seems to be a PITA tho.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Sup guys been busy and getting busier unfortunately. Work picks up in the winter.

Got the coolant issue figured out. I never got the chance to properly bleed the system because I never could start the car at my place because of the leaking injector. It took it quite a few cycles of a 32oz cup of water being refilled before it finally started holding. Never felt like letting it idle for 45 minutes and kinda figured it was just bleeding itself off anyways. Now I have gas disappearing fast its crazy!

Get this though.......unless you get in stop and go traffic or you get into boost a few times this bad boy wont even get up to normal temps and i'm not sure if thats good or bad. I drive about 3-4 miles to the highway in the morning. I just granny shift it while its warming up and usually by the time I hit the highway it hasnt warmed up all the way yet and all that highway speed air blowing on my heat-exchanger keeps it from going all the way to the middle. Problem is with the 180 degree thermostat in there I cant figure out if all the way in the middle is 220 or 180 and perhaps when it stops short its actually showing 180 and when its in the very middle its 220. But that wouldnt make sense because the point of an 180 degree thermo is to force the engine to regulate to that temperature. I mean I can cruise 75 down the highway all day long and this needle still stop short of even touching the little water temp symbol. Any ideas?

Working on more videos...I'll be away from my house from Sun-Thur though booooooooooo.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

The stock T-stat is 200*. When I was talking to Cliff about this the needle won't be right in the middle but more towards the "O" on normal. I forget where the water temp symbol is but it sounds like you're fine.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Sup guys been busy and getting busier unfortunately. Work picks up in the winter.

Got the coolant issue figured out. I never got the chance to properly bleed the system because I never could start the car at my place because of the leaking injector. It took it quite a few cycles of a 32oz cup of water being refilled before it finally started holding. Never felt like letting it idle for 45 minutes and kinda figured it was just bleeding itself off anyways. Now I have gas disappearing fast its crazy!

Get this though.......unless you get in stop and go traffic or you get into boost a few times this bad boy wont even get up to normal temps and i'm not sure if thats good or bad. I drive about 3-4 miles to the highway in the morning. I just granny shift it while its warming up and usually by the time I hit the highway it hasnt warmed up all the way yet and all that highway speed air blowing on my heat-exchanger keeps it from going all the way to the middle. Problem is with the 180 degree thermostat in there I cant figure out if all the way in the middle is 220 or 180 and perhaps when it stops short its actually showing 180 and when its in the very middle its 220. But that wouldnt make sense because the point of an 180 degree thermo is to force the engine to regulate to that temperature. I mean I can cruise 75 down the highway all day long and this needle still stop short of even touching the little water temp symbol. Any ideas?

Working on more videos...I'll be away from my house from Sun-Thur though booooooooooo.
mine ran cool too! normal operating procedure don't worry about that.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

How the f did I miss this thread!?!? Congrats hangwire. Have fun with that beast
Old 10-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Just got back home. Been watching over a family members house since Sunday, been driving her Hyundai Sonata ITS A TORQUE MONSTER, LOL. Felt really good to rip **** up driving my car home from all that V6 mom car bull****. Bottom End still happy hopefully I can keep her satisfied for a couple years.

Thunderhorse did your car ever not like to start after sitting for 10-20 hours? Mine either needs fuel or air after sitting for a while because it just stumbles and sounds like a really lopey cam and doesn't even make it to 1000RPMs. It tries but it dies until I tap the throttle and then she jumps right up and runs perfectly normal. Hasnt been doing it as much at all lately i've been priming the fuel with multiple key turns. I'm thinking its fuel that it needs, or perhaps I need to adjust my throttle body for this setup to let more air in when closed.

Much better video coming soon. Still waiting for a good challenger on the streets, nothin good so far I might have to go searching for trouble this weekend.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Just got back home. Been watching over a family members house since Sunday, been driving her Hyundai Sonata ITS A TORQUE MONSTER, LOL. Felt really good to rip **** up driving my car home from all that V6 mom car bull****. Bottom End still happy hopefully I can keep her satisfied for a couple years.

Thunderhorse did your car ever not like to start after sitting for 10-20 hours? Mine either needs fuel or air after sitting for a while because it just stumbles and sounds like a really lopey cam and doesn't even make it to 1000RPMs. It tries but it dies until I tap the throttle and then she jumps right up and runs perfectly normal. Hasnt been doing it as much at all lately i've been priming the fuel with multiple key turns. I'm thinking its fuel that it needs, or perhaps I need to adjust my throttle body for this setup to let more air in when closed.

Much better video coming soon. Still waiting for a good challenger on the streets, nothin good so far I might have to go searching for trouble this weekend.
Take that beyotch to the track and get a timeslip!!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Tgaybird you loooooooooove timeslips!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:09 AM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

I'd double check the rest position on your TB. I never had an issue with starts, and I even had to start it when it was mid-30s outside. I can't really see what else it could be except your throttle body... especially if the problem fixes itself when you tap the gas.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:13 AM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

It's a 160* thermostat in the kit...mine runs super cool too even out here in the desert.