4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Lets Play: What came out of my intake manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

How the hell would multiple intercooler fins come off? I'm going with piston ring or supercharger internals.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Im going with supercharger bearing/shim, or remains of an alien craft......
Old 11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
How the hell would multiple intercooler fins come off? I'm going with piston ring or supercharger internals.
Who ever said anything about intercooler fins? I'm just saying that It had to have come from that direction is all...now a piston ring...........????....I just can't see a piston ring ending up in the INTAKE manifold...that would be something that you would see in the muffler or something because it would continue to go downstream of the piston not go up stream through a head then to the intake...its implausible! I tend to agree with a_pequin only that the procharger is still tight, has no binding and spins with no noise. I'm going to take it apart and rebuild it but still...it is perplexing....

Edit: It might just be an alien craft...I did hear a weird squeak the other day and come to think of it it sounded kinda like "OOOWWW!!!" lol

Last edited by sailorflavor; 11-02-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

No way piston rings.
It has to be from the upstream side. Is it possibly some internal structure from an air filter (like a rib)? It may have been there for quite a while. I hope you find the source.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934
No way piston rings.
It has to be from the upstream side. Is it possibly some internal structure from an air filter (like a rib)? It may have been there for quite a while. I hope you find the source.
Yea we think alike...but I don't care if I find the source because I'm getting a new motor anyway. ;P But I would like to answer the questions. Maybe tomorrow I will have an answer for y'all if it stops raining!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

I just realized who you were, why didnt you have me come over and help? We could be puzzled together!! lol
Old 11-02-2010, 08:11 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_penquin
I just realized who you were, why didnt you have me come over and help? We could be puzzled together!! lol
Haha I did it in the middle of the work day bro...I'm an A-Ganger in off crew..I did the stuff for my shipmates memorial service on friday and bugged out...speaking of which I might be coming into a very clean old school cobra...I'll get more details to you later.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

alright man, this is puzzling me now, but if you got some spare parts I may take them off your hands
Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Thats cool with me pequin I might sell you my pi heads and intake for cheap (say 200 total) if I decide to get some new heads.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

sweet, hit me up if you need a hand. I know I have a bit of work coming up and could use a second hand with.

Quick Reply: Lets Play: What came out of my intake manifold!