Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT
Default MAF help trouble codes P0175, P0172, P0153

I have trouble codes P0175 (rich bank 2), P0172 (rich bank 1), and P0153 (circuit condition O2 sensor bank 2). I went to autozone and they printed them out for me. On the Probable cause part for the P0172/175 codes it says if they are both going off then suspect a fuel pressure condition or MAF sensor fault. I know I don't have a fuel pressure condition but how would I know if my MAF is at fault without replacing it? I visually inspected the tube and it's brand new type of clean (it's only 3 years old). One thing to note, My K&N air filter was so filthy that it had sludge in the crevices (I'm cleaning it now). But I still don't think that could cause those 3 codes to go. I could have a bad O2 sensor but it wouldn't explain both banks being rich. One of my O2 sensors went bad last year and I replaced that one. Only the front O2 sensors are activated because I have no cats.

Any suggestions? if more info is needed let me know.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
99 gt vert, auto, 50 lbs. inj., 2800 stall, transgo stage III shift kit, 3.55 gear, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads, Comp Cams blower cams, forged internals with 18.1 cc dished pistons (8:1 CR), 75 mm TB, CAI, MSD Ig. coils, coated long tube headers w/offroad pipes, eibach pro damper, SCT Livewire tuner, Saleen Series IV SC w/ 2.8" pulley, Chicane intercooler, LFP Heat Exchanger, and Nitto 555 drag radials. 398 rwhp / 342 rwtq.
00_buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Mustang GT

Try cleaning your MAF and see if that helps at all... Could just be a bad MAF reading causing you to run rich.

-2011 Arctic White Corvette- Twin Turbo Build in progress
-99 Mustang GT- *765rwhp/752rwtq@23psi* *706rwhp/668rwtq@20psi* *622rwhp/654rwtq@16psi* SOLD
Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Vehicle: 98 Cobra

+1

Ford has a big thing with K&Ns and 6.0s... they say the oil on the filter clogs the MAF element. I've also seen dead bugs on the MAF cause issues as well as other blockages.
WhiteFoxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
0172, 1995, 1996, 2004, bank, cobra, code, codes, engine, ford, gto, mustang, p0172, p0172p0175, p0175, trouble