4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I want it LOUD...but still sound good

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

flowmaster outlaws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWmmN...eature=related
Old 12-24-2010, 12:23 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

If you want really loud, but still with a good tone you might want to look at SSS Terminators. The best way i could describe it would be louder along the lines of LM 1's, but with a deeper tone more like Borla Stingers.

Plus they are like half the price of the stingers.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:33 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I get nothing but compliments on my LM1 setup.
thats great and all, but im willing to bet people aren't going to tell you it sucks to your face either. people tend to hold their tongues in public.

since the OP seems to be looking for an obnoxious exhaust, then the LM1s would probably suit him. just because its loud as sin doesn't mean it sounds good though. its definitely worth the tradeoff to cut volume by adding a bit of tone IMO. at least go with the LM2s.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:08 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

Pypes o/r x and magnapacks= loud as hell. But I get a ton of compliments.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Boduke has stingers with an o/r x and kooks longtubes and that setup sounds phenominal!!! So jealous of that sound!!! If I weren't doing other things that would make me not able to use longtubes, I would definitely have that setup for sure!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:36 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I'm sure, but its not like im asking peopkle what they thing of it, They just approach me and asked the setup cause they are all stoked about it. If it was the case of biting there tonque and there to afraid to say they don't like it I would assume they just wouldnt say aything at all. Its different if i asked and got the response, but If someone asked me what I think about anything and I didn't like it I would tell them, cause generally the people from my area aren't puswaaaays and will tellt he truth.
Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
thats great and all, but im willing to bet people aren't going to tell you it sucks to your face either. people tend to hold their tongues in public.

since the OP seems to be looking for an obnoxious exhaust, then the LM1s would probably suit him. just because its loud as sin doesn't mean it sounds good though. its definitely worth the tradeoff to cut volume by adding a bit of tone IMO. at least go with the LM2s.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Wrecked em......DAMN NEAR KILLED EM!!! - C. Farley
Old 12-25-2010, 08:43 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

lmfao UBERBLADERUNNER HAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Slp lm1s are LOUD and thats about it. Nothing wrong with that some ppl like loud but some want loud with a slight tune to the sound. lm2s has a bit more tune to the sound bc its more of a glasspack instead of a 2.5inch pipe on each end with a 4 inch expansion in the middle they are resonators anyway which work in conjuntion alon with a Muffler so if the OP want loud but still to sound good/tone then he may want to check out all the mufflers out there instead of a resonator. not hating on the lm1 I've had it on one of my vehicles before and It was Loud but it eventually came off to replaced with a muffler.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:26 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I got LTs offroad x and LM1s and its pretty loud, but Long tubes clean up the sound of the setup greatly and its complememnted at most cruise meets, every by the old geisers in their chevys.
this

I get nothing but compliments on my LM1 setup.
and this

Quick Reply: I want it LOUD...but still sound good