4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My RetroSolutions Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I have 6k 55w HIDs w/ my sonic blue and they happen to look pretty sick...
Old 01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

is that both hi and low beam kit?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Have you driven in a car with HID's that doesn't normally come with them? If you haven't then I suggest you do then comment LOL. It wasn't a looks thing for me, it was functionality, although my 6K's with the bluish tint look great on my Azure Blue lol
yes i have...and i've been blinded by quite a few more. of course the headlights are much brighter, thats not what im trying to discuss. im not going to be the guy that does something that i can't personally stand. i HATE the temporary light blindness that comes after someone drives past me with non-projector HIDs.

how annoying is this?

tcalhoun: do you have a link for the custom retrofit? i believe areon or someone did it.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:53 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
anybody have a link for the retro fit projectors for our headlights? i refuse to install an HID kit in a non-projector housing. screw all of you that do it! its blinding!

OP: looks good man! how are you liking the new sixxer?
Oh dude I love it. This car is stupid fast. Stock it was much faster than my old bolt on GT.. A buddy of mine had the exact same set up as my old car except for a thing or two and from a roll I used to walk from him by less than a car. This time we lined them up from a roll I put 4 cars on him! Stock! Its too hard to believe. Im beating cars that I shouldn't be and hanging with cars that I shouldn't be either. I now have a canned tune and its fast! Upgrading to a V6 was easily the best mod to my 2000 GT!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
yes i have...and i've been blinded by quite a few more. of course the headlights are much brighter, thats not what im trying to discuss. im not going to be the guy that does something that i can't personally stand. i HATE the temporary light blindness that comes after someone drives past me with non-projector HIDs.

how annoying is this?

tcalhoun: do you have a link for the custom retrofit? i believe areon or someone did it.
'LIKE'!!!

In my area, it's really only ****ty Honda's and other clapped out early 90's import cars that roll around with HIDs in a halogen housing. Most annoying **** ever.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

There is a guy over on svtp that does the retro fit for like $700 or something stupid like that and you have to supply the housing. Aereon did his using G35 projectors in a stock housing I believe.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

It's down to would you rather see well on a country back road and risk blinding ppl or not see well on a country road...
Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 AM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

Not that I'm disagreeing with you smitty, I put them on since I have smoked housings and my stock bulbs barely went through.

But if you think about it, you can be the best driver in on the road and you don't worry about your driving skills. It's always the other people who you have to worry about.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

JRad that's very true, but when I'm alone on a back road, I don't feel like I should have to squint just to see. Not something I want to worry about. Especially now I live in KY and deer etc are more prone to get in the way lol I bought 6k 35W HID's with halogen highbeams (which is a JOKE) but I only bought them with the halogen highbeam to be able to "flash" people at night to let them go etc. I have not once needed to use my "highbeams" since the HID went in my car.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Oh dude I love it. This car is stupid fast. Stock it was much faster than my old bolt on GT.. A buddy of mine had the exact same set up as my old car except for a thing or two and from a roll I used to walk from him by less than a car. This time we lined them up from a roll I put 4 cars on him! Stock! Its too hard to believe. Im beating cars that I shouldn't be and hanging with cars that I shouldn't be either. I now have a canned tune and its fast! Upgrading to a V6 was easily the best mod to my 2000 GT!
awesome! glad to hear you are happy with the car! i have yet to see a new one get on it.

Originally Posted by teej281
There is a guy over on svtp that does the retro fit for like $700 or something stupid like that and you have to supply the housing. Aereon did his using G35 projectors in a stock housing I believe.
$700?! HAHAHA only SVTP.

i should be able to figure it out for myself. it would really help if someone had a link though. i'll test out my googles skills and post anything i find.

Originally Posted by smitty2919
It's down to would you rather see well on a country back road and risk blinding ppl or not see well on a country road...
thats a valid argument, but i really don't have problems with my night vision. thankfully my vision is one of my strong suits. (as opposed to my weak *** ears. thanks drums!)

Quick Reply: My RetroSolutions Review