4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

question for all yellow mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:57 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

Default question for all yellow mustang owners

well i have decided that i have enough performance parts on the car and i want to do some more exterior mods. right now i have 17x9 and 17x10.5 black cobra rims with a black lip, 95 cobra r hood (will be put on shortly) and a mach 1 grill delete. i would like some ideas for what else to do for looks. i was thinking of a v6 rear bumper (i have dumped exhaust) and a 99-01 cobra front bumper. any other ideas? whats all yalls input on stripes?? all input will be appreciated, thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

tinted windows/headlights/tail lights? springs? 03/04 cobra mirrors? I think big brakes look pretty

I don't like stripes, but that's just me.

You should put up some pictures of the car. I think you'll get better feedback that way.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

A 01 cobra bumper would go great with the new hood. But +1 a brake upgrade would look awesome and be functional. As far as stripes, don't do them. Try a blackout panel for the rear, matched with tinted stuff (as stated above) to go with a blackout theme.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I thought about getting black stripes...with yellow paint. (BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW) but I decided that stripes just look too tacky to get them, so I decided not to. I don't even like the stripe on the stock Mach 1's. TBH, I think the stripes look cheesy and take away from the look.

Will a 95 hood fit a 2004 Mustang? And yes, I like the black bullitts, mixed with the 01 Cobra bumper, mixed with the Mach 1 grill delete. Also, the rear bumper, I put in the black "MUSTANG" lettering inserts. They make the car look better with the bumper inserts.

I personally like the 01-04 GT hood with the scoop for the more aggressive appearance, personally, so I left mine alone.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

i forgot to mention that i have tinted windows. thanks for yalls input
Old 02-08-2011, 11:33 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

leave the stripes for the ford gt's and shelbys
Old 02-08-2011, 02:20 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
leave the stripes for the ford gt's and shelbys
I agree no stripes, I like the V6 rear and Cobra front bumper idea. I also like the Cobra mirror idea, but I'm biased on half that stuff...just look at my sig .
Old 02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I think Black tinted windows look good enough. No stripes.

Like I said, I'd get some black bullitts if I were you. I thought of doing them myself but I'm too lazy lol
Old 02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
I thought about getting black stripes...with yellow paint. (BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW) but I decided that stripes just look too tacky to get them, so I decided not to. I don't even like the stripe on the stock Mach 1's. TBH, I think the stripes look cheesy and take away from the look.

Will a 95 hood fit a 2004 Mustang? And yes, I like the black bullitts, mixed with the 01 Cobra bumper, mixed with the Mach 1 grill delete. Also, the rear bumper, I put in the black "MUSTANG" lettering inserts. They make the car look better with the bumper inserts.

I personally like the 01-04 GT hood with the scoop for the more aggressive appearance, personally, so I left mine alone.
its a 95 cobra r style hood for 99-04s
edit: heres the hood, http://www.americanmuscle.com/kaenen-95hood-9904.html i dont know if this is the make of the one but same type

Last edited by MCxQubed; 02-08-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

I agree about the full stripes not being so good, but I disagree about the Mach-1 hood stripe, I do like that. A black stripe in front of the scoop (like on Natedog's one there) would look sweet on yellow, imho...

Quick Reply: question for all yellow mustang owners