4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Jazzer, just so i'm 100% sure, are you saying that the UPR Moly Pro Chrome series with solid bushings are my best bang for the buck here? I mean i'm not looking to be a hardcore drag racer here, but to hook slightly better while dropping the car a little more is all i really want.

Thank you for all your input everyone.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Jazzer, just so i'm 100% sure, are you saying that the UPR Moly Pro Chrome series with solid bushings are my best bang for the buck here? I mean i'm not looking to be a hardcore drag racer here, but to hook slightly better while dropping the car a little more is all i really want.

Thank you for all your input everyone.
I had the same question when i did mine. Yes, I can firmly say you'd be okay. Thats why i went w/ the UPR adj moly pro chrome. Plus there durable..... it's seen the snow
Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
I had the same question when i did mine. Yes, I can firmly say you'd be okay. Thats why i went w/ the UPR adj moly pro chrome. Plus there durable..... it's seen the snow
I just now completely reviewed the section on LCA's that Jazzer wrote, and it appears to me that the UPR's wouldn't be a good choice for better 60ft's. From what i got, they are not best suited with drag radials, and i have the Nitto 555R's. Am i reading this wrong or missing something here? I mean do the UPR's still do wonders over the stockers in terms of straight line traction? Since i'm mainly concerned with straight line traction (some increased handling is nice too) wouldn't the TeamZ LCA's be better?

Like i had mentioned earlier in the thread, i'm not all that familiar with suspension stuff. So for any of you out there, please feel free to educate me or correct anything that's wrong here.

Last edited by mrtstang; 02-18-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM
sonicx
speed'n

I just now completely reviewed the section on LCA's that Jazzer wrote, and it appears to me that the UPR's wouldn't be a good choice for better 60ft's. From what i got, they are not best suited with drag radials, and i have the Nitto 555R's. Am i reading this wrong or missing something here? I mean do the UPR's still do wonders over the stockers in terms of straight line traction? Since i'm mainly concerned with straight line traction (some increased handling is nice too) wouldn't the TeamZ LCA's be better?

Like i had mentioned earlier in the thread, i'm not all that familiar with suspension stuff. So for any of you out there, please feel free to educate me or correct anything that's wrong here.
If Teamz is in your budget do it man. Its going to have a advantage as well as more durable (faster 60ft times) at the strip than UPR's especially if your using drags. But like you im far from having the insight (i don't know very much more about suspesnion that you). I will say... don't go the cheap route ever. Spend a bit more for the z's or MM's. I got UPR's & Nitto's 555's but there street tires as well as I go to the stip rarely unlike (sounds like) your case. I'm told those UPR's maynot be the best idea for repeatly heavy use w/ drag tires. Your prob going want something a bit more durable. But like i said... I too am far from an expert (just throwing out stuff i've read & been told by the man aka JAZZER).

Have you tried calling up MM direct & asking their take or maybe PM Jazzer?

Good Luck & I hope your able to get what you need

Last edited by sonicx; 02-18-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ALL of the LCA's I have listed in my suspension guide are going to be good for corners, so this is not a concern with ANY of them (I happen to like the UPR's or double-spherical a bit better, from a completely mechanical point of view in reguards to freedom of articulation. Minor issue, so don't worry about it, if you find that those do not suit your needs). The difference lies in the strength of design. The UPR's are a wonderful LCA'.... just not going to hold up as well as the others under hard launches on stickey's.

If one has ANY aspirations (i love you) < was a little interjection from my beautiful girl, Elizabeth..... (back on topic here) for the 1/4 mile, just go TeamZ or Baseline and avoid issues of possible damage due to ever increasing grip one is likely to get out back.

Jazzer
Old 02-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

bang for the buck you can't beat UPRs. I have no problems with my car at my power level with BFG KDWs and at that time i had 4.10 gears. You will be very happy with them.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:16 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

MMs, the car feels very solid now(in a good way).
Old 02-19-2011, 09:38 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
I followed the Jazzer Guide & picked up UPR's adj LCA's. I love em! W/ shipping I paid $163.95.

Might as well do the shocks because you'll be down working in that general area already with the lca's. And i'd say do the shock & struts at the same time.... so yes do it.
i would never put another UPR suspension part on any car i own. i broke some of their LCAs on my V6. it was a very bad day.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by turbo232
i would never put another UPR suspension part on any car i own. i broke some of their LCAs on my V6. it was a very bad day.
So far so good, like I went on to say (above) UPR may not be the best but its fair for an street application. Different applications for different uses. But just like everything, everyone is going to have a different opinion. Just because you had a issue w/ a product doesn't mean someone else will too or visa versa. Especially since ppl on here put there car to use in different ways. There's no part or company that can make break-proof parts. I've had issues with different items by a company. Just because it happens didn't derail me from their brand esp when when they for the most part have good reputation.

Last edited by sonicx; 02-19-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

CHE poly/derlin lowers. That is what I would do if I were you.

Quick Reply: LCA's