Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT
Default winter progress/general pics

Hey guys, just thought Id take a few pics of the car how she sits right now. Last year I put Trick Flow heads on it and some bigger cams...car ran great, but this year i figured Id do some stuff to it that would make me able to spin the stock shortblock safely to 7000 rpm...
Click the image to open in full size.

here are the heads. Im having a set of custom stage 3 TFS specific cams ground by Nick McKinney at Modular Head Shop...the cams pretty much max out the stock shortblock and PI intake and require a 4.30 gear or higher. Im also going with GT 40 5.4 cam followers. They are lighter then the stock followers, and increase oil pressure in the heads by 25%, which will help in the higher rpms...

All new timing guides and arms, as well as a new 2V oil pump, and EMP Stewart Warner high flow water pump:

Kinda hard to see, but this is a lincoln Mark VIII oil pan..I bought it off another forum and it looked great..until I sand blasted it..there were holes rusted through everywhere...so I had it cut up in about 10 different pieces fixing everything. For those of you that dont know, the mark 8 pan has way better baffling than a GT/Cobra pan, and its very low profile, so it can be installed and removed without jacking up the engine if you have a tubular K member...the low profile Mark pickup needs to be used as well...and under the pan is a 3 valve full length windage tray.

I had to go with a Lokar flexible dipstick, because I have an AJE K member, and they revised the motor mounts, which smash the stock dipstick tube. So I spun up a spacer on the lathe and mounted the new dipstick on the shock tower:

Few other things that Im doing that arent pictured are the 4.30 gears, Marauder harmonic balancer, Speed Of Sound A pillar pod with Auto Meter Lunar gauges, MSD 2 Step, and hopefully the driver mod!! Then Im gonna have a friend of mine go through the 3650 and install the TSB upgrade parts.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Heres a few pics of what the car looks like when its not up on jackstands... the pics by the body shop are right down the street from the drag strip in Myrtle Beach...these were taken at Mustang Week... and i took them because my last name is Campbell and I do body work and fabrication for a living and thought that was ironic..

And one with the prostars:
Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
PositiveKarma
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1996 GT 4.6L
TheColostomizer MArnoldz PositiveKarma
Send a message via Skype™ to PositiveKarma

Looks awesome! How much power will it be making?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

oh wow....this car is UNREAL!! I think it is 150percent safe to say that this car is Bodukes wet dream. lol, best of luck man!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1998 Cobra
Collin Castaneda

Nice!!! I wish to someday tear down an engine and build it up! I've been thinking about buying a crap 302 off CL and building a nice little engine out of it. For the foxbody that I want so bad. Awesome car man!

Moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man...right now Im at 330rwhp...Im shooting for 350-355rwhp after the mods..so we'll see...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Yes
SyNdicateZ

wow Very nice. ! Have Fun!

02 GT 5spd. 4.10 Geared, Accufab Plenum/70mm TB, K&N intake, Steeda Pullies, SLP Line-Lok, Flowmaster super 44 Catback, MAC Hi-Flo catted H-Pipe, Custom Dyno tuned W/ SCT Eliminator Chip,by Performance-Dyno.com Loudon, NH. Many other misc stuff not listed..
SyNdicateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

these pics make me realize how bad of a cleaning the underside needs..lol I drove 12 hours to Mustang Week in the rain and never had a chance to get back under it and clean it up...and thanks for all the kind words fellas...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Camaro SS

Car looks awesome man! What kind of springs are you running? It looks sweet with that drop.
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, Vector custom tune, NX wet kit w/100 shot, 17 X 9 chrome ZR1 rims with Nitto dr's
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtstang View Post
Car looks awesome man! What kind of springs are you running? It looks sweet with that drop.
Springs are uncut 4 cyl. fox in the front, and uncut Mach 1 springs in the rear. i have weight jacker lower control arms so thats where I get the drop in the rear... I get the best of both worlds with this setup....drives smoother than stock but transfers weight awesome...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
aje, cam, head, lincoln, mark, member, modular, shop, stage, tfs, tubular, viii