4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Longtubes on a 2v....(few quick ?'s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Default Longtubes on a 2v....(few quick ?'s)

Hey everyone -

Looking to install MAC Longtubes on my car in the next few weeks. For all that have installed them, have any of you had fitment issues with the oil dipstick tube? Uber will be helping me install them and he mentioned he was having trouble with his and had to order a flexible dipstick tube. This may be due to him having a 4v but I'm just trying to make sure for precautionary measures so I can buy everything up front.

Also, what else did you guys replace while you were in there? Motor mounts? etc. etc.....

Thanks for the help! Greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Subscribing to this. Have MAC catbacks and thinking about going MAC O/R H soon. So naturally when LT time comes they will be MAC.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

I don't recall having any fitment issues on my tubes when we installed them. Passenger side was a bitch but once all was said and done i haven't had any issues with them at all. The main problem i have heard from other peoples experience with them has been tube to steering column contact, but me personally i haven't had any issues.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I had that problem with my BBK's. IIRC, all i did was get new gaskets and longer header bolts. I didn't mess with anything else.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

^Interesting....Uber's longtubes are BBK too...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

Literally just got mac longtubes installed 2 days ago. Mechanic didnt note of any issue installing them with reference to the dipstick, but did say it was a whole heck of a lot easier dropping the whole k-member to get them in....
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

My mechanic didn't mention anything about the dipstick. Mine are BBK
Old 02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
IEGT1015
3rd Gear Member

I dropped the k member, it was a lot easier. No issues with the dipstick or steering column. Give yourself a lot of time.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

where u installing these bad boys rob? if you're coming to pa, im coming to watch the fun begin. i remember when i was putting my lts on at my dads house, my mom walked into the garage right after my egr tube snapped off the header, needless to say she heard just about every word in the book. i haven't lived at home for like 4 years and she still gave me the look like "your ****in grounded mister"...yeah lts are ****in fun man.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
where u installing these bad boys rob? if you're coming to pa, im coming to watch the fun begin. i remember when i was putting my lts on at my dads house, my mom walked into the garage right after my egr tube snapped off the header, needless to say she heard just about every word in the book. i haven't lived at home for like 4 years and she still gave me the look like "your ****in grounded mister"...yeah lts are ****in fun man.
depending on day and time if you guys were getting together in PA I would come over to give a hand, if needed. I wouldn't bother until I did kmember to do it all at once.

Quick Reply: Longtubes on a 2v....(few quick ?'s)