4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

The 2V Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 PM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Default The 2V Engine

Hi,

im looking into building my 2v engine, i understand the rods and pistons are the weak point am i correct? i heard the crank is good till 600rwhp, aswell at the shortblock. im new to understanding the engine and how everything works, so any links would be great. im looking to replace the rods and pistions, along with my heads but im trying to understand how it all fits together. also what else would be a good replacement. when i supercharge in the future i would like to not have to worry about that 400+rw cap that everyone is afraid of.. Ive searched for information on building engine and why people replace the stuff they do but i still am concerned about other areas of the engine and such. like i said any links to write ups, or anyone knowledgeable who wants to just type away and explain, such processes as, buying a cam, and how that would reduced the stress on the stock rods and pistions and such.

Im wondering all this because, first, my head is helicoiled and afraid that going straight supercharged would create problems for me from the PSI. second, if i replace the heads why not replace the weak points in the engine while under the knife. and third, because if i understand everything better and how everything works i could possibly work on the engine through next winter replacing parts and teaching my self little bit at a time. creating one mean gt.

thanks.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:21 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Search button.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

You want us to do all the work for you? 24.8% of the fun is shopping...

READ articles, bud.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I don't have time to give you a run down on everything you want but here's the skinny.

Don't be a cheap ***.
Do more/talk less,
Take Pictures for proof
and you can alway use more fuel
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

^Jesus has spoken.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
^Jesus has spoken.
^ Bobby Light has spoken.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Wow lol!! You know what, since you're in MI, why not call places like Livernois, Alternative Auto, Walsh, etc... and ask them those same questions. They could help break this down for you, and could give you some direction and prices based on what you're saying here.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Wow lol!! You know what, since you're in MI, why not call places like Livernois, Alternative Auto, Walsh, etc... and ask them those same questions. They could help break this down for you, and could give you some direction and prices based on what you're saying here.
im in traverse city. never heard of thos
Old 03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I don't have time to give you a run down on everything you want but here's the skinny.

Don't be a cheap ***.
Do more/talk less,
Take Pictures for proof
and you can alway use more fuel
best advice so far. ha.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Its pretty clear he did a lot of research, definitely a lot more than other new-comers. Why the **** is he getting the cold shoulder? This is a good way to run people off....

Quick Reply: The 2V Engine