4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What have you done for your stang??

Old 03-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Fleet99GT
1st Gear Member

Default What have you done for your stang??

Hello again everyone, I've been curious to see if anyone else out there is as crazy as myself. Since the middle of Feb I've decided to go all out ***** to the wall with my mustang. I havent done anything to it since 2007 and honestly havent driven it much. I've decided that before I take the cover off of it this year I will have a T56, Fully rebuilt rear, and a kenne bell 2.1. So to accomplish this I have been clocking well over 60hrs a week, and flat rate wrenching close to 100 hrs a week. Non stop monday through saturday, and picking up any side work I can for sundays. Im tired and only spend about 2 hrs a night at home before I go to bed. But I know what I want and DAMMIT I'm going to get it. Has anyone else done anything simular to this?? Lets see who else has been doing everything in their power to build their ultimate stang!!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Ive done a whole lot but in a different way than you. Redone interior. Custom paint, custom front and rear bumpers. Cobra skirts. Vortech. Corbeau racing seats. Lotta fun, lotta time, lotta money.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Fleet99GT
1st Gear Member

u did the custom subs with the "chiseled rock" look right? That was pretty effin cool
Old 03-21-2011, 08:42 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fleet99GT
u did the custom subs with the "chiseled rock" look right? That was pretty effin cool
i did but probably taking it out. just isnt makin me happy enough - thinking of goin something a little simpler.

thanks though - appreciate it
Old 03-21-2011, 10:42 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Last August I spent ~13 hours sanding and painting my wheels, I tend to be kind of a perfectionist with these kinda things..
Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
i did but probably taking it out. just isnt makin me happy enough - thinking of goin something a little simpler.

thanks though - appreciate it
just a thought, maybe incorporate the ford logo or the running horse perhaps in the orange? Not on the rock but as something new.

also, since i've had it....

fresh paint
new(er) interior
saleen spoiler
smoked headlights
shorty antenna
half built rear

i know im slacking times are rough.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
just a thought, maybe incorporate the ford logo or the running horse perhaps in the orange? Not on the rock but as something new.
interesting... could see it working... right now im not sure what ill do. im thinking sub and amp are moving to trunk. and maybe just a plain black rear seat delete... just simple, clean, easy.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:15 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
interesting... could see it working... right now im not sure what ill do. im thinking sub and amp are moving to trunk. and maybe just a plain black rear seat delete... just simple, clean, easy.
i feel like, while you shouldn't go over the top, since you put a little orange in the interior, you could use a little more, If you could somehow do the rear seat delete in black and just have a matching orange ford logo in the center decently big it would do wonders as far as flowing goes, just throwing ideas around, i like to think i have good artistic ideas, i just suck at doing anything without a computer lol, i.e free drawing or painting etc etc.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

haven't done much so far but i have Kenny Brown SFCs with the jacking rails, SLP LT and X, K&N intake ($45 i couldn't go wrong), and glasspacks. i need to do more......lots more.

i also swapped the wheels fromt he turbo V6. couldn't let them go. want to powdercoat them black with a red pinstripe around them.

video is pre SLP LTs and X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOaow...eature=related
Old 03-21-2011, 11:20 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
i feel like, while you shouldn't go over the top, since you put a little orange in the interior, you could use a little more, If you could somehow do the rear seat delete in black and just have a matching orange ford logo in the center decently big it would do wonders as far as flowing goes, just throwing ideas around, i like to think i have good artistic ideas, i just suck at doing anything without a computer lol, i.e free drawing or painting etc etc.
no its a good idea. i hadnt thought of it. my issue is that the orange on the inside is diff than the outside - just way of the only orange i could get for the inside - so id have to find a matching orange to the inside and i dunno.... thats where im stuck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done for your stang??