4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

why is it when i just cruise people then want to race?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ward_spratlin
genearlly a simple headshake "NO" will make most not race...some will persist tho
usually its the kids in acuras, civics and vDubbs that will keep persisting. no super car,vette,cobra will waste their gas on a 2v. how those cars feel about our 2v stangs is how us 2v's feel about civics and such imo and yes i do know there are exceptions
Old 04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNameless
usually its the kids in acuras, civics and vDubbs that will keep persisting. no super car,vette,cobra will waste their gas on a 2v. how those cars feel about our 2v stangs is how us 2v's feel about civics and such imo and yes i do know there are exceptions
I wonder how civics feel about mopeds, and my 3 legged puppy...?

The kids in Acuras and vdubbs in my nieghborhood were rarely racing (usually kept to themselves). It was always the kids with $8K Hyundai(s) that wanted some action... EVERYWHERE I went, they would try, I had this one guy in a Traffic Jam start revving- I roll down my window and go "Ill give you a 20 minute head start- GO NOW!".... 20 minutes later he was still in the same spot.

"Usually" the kids with nicer cars have something to lose and nothing to prove- and the ones with the crappy import/domestic econoboxes want everyone and their mother "to respect their whip yo!"

Last edited by aaquib1992; 04-10-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

My problem is when I'm in my gf's civic or my sisters smart car I see more opportunites to challenge other cars, but when I'm out in my Bullitt, there's few cars around that would be interested in racing
Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 PM
hole18n1
2nd Gear Member

i can never find anyone hardly who has a car worth racing. there are a couple round town that will but other than the the only people who race me are old ladies and old guys who drive buicks and mini vans. They rev it up at the light and i think there kidding and it turns green and they cherp the tires and away they go but the best thing to do is act like your gonna race someone at light and let them speed off and ill just cruise then a couple of blocks down the road you see em pulled over lol now whos the dumba**
Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 PM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

i think this whole thread is kinda meh....

but then again i love racing so maybe i have a different outlook on it
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hole18n1
i can never find anyone hardly who has a car worth racing. there are a couple round town that will but other than the the only people who race me are old ladies and old guys who drive buicks and mini vans. They rev it up at the light and i think there kidding and it turns green and they cherp the tires and away they go but the best thing to do is act like your gonna race someone at light and let them speed off and ill just cruise then a couple of blocks down the road you see em pulled over lol now whos the dumba**
you do that where i live and you will get pulled over. the same people who always revved at my V6 just look straight ahead now that i have a GT.....and the V6 had an easy 50+ rwhp.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

The general populous respects the Snake. I get no lip. Biiiiitcheeesss!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
The general populous respects the Snake. I get no lip. Biiiiitcheeesss!
They probably are just marveled by your spoiler holes still in the trunk.......

(J/K, in case you are being sensitive this morning)
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM
hole18n1
2nd Gear Member

our cops out here dont really mess with ya it you just rev it a little but if they see ya peel out at a stop light your a** is all theres
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

The answer to this thread is because its a MUSTANG !!
Everyone want to say the beat the best PONY CAR made.

Way I look at it ..If the want to race me,then there only one place for that.
AT THE TRACK or it aint a race period.

Just my 2

Quick Reply: why is it when i just cruise people then want to race?