Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #71
Fillerdust
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000, Ford Mustang GT

I'm totally getting a 68 or 69 gto or a 70-72 Monte Carlo. I need something I can redue and take to good guys, none of my current cars are old enough for that show.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Fillerdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #72
Fillerdust
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000, Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03greyGT View Post
Im actually already building my other project, a 68 Dodge Charger R/T. Bought it as a running driving car, but its down to the shell getting a ground up resto in my parents single car garage. Im an old Mopar nut, the new Mustangs are the only "new" cars that I really like. Couple crappy pics of fitting up the new quarter panels after I installe new rear frame rails and trunk floor:
Awesome! A 70 charger was the first car I put full quarters on. That's a lot of car. What color u doing it up in?
Fillerdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #73
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillerdust View Post
Awesome! A 70 charger was the first car I put full quarters on. That's a lot of car. What color u doing it up in?
Thanks man, its going back to its original black with white tail stripe. Its got the matching numbers 440 so were gonna stick to as close as original as possible...
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #74
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 Mustang GT and 1967 Mustang Fastback
Mase V2SQ

its funny looking at my post from almost 2 years ago lol.

Now realistically im looking for a 240sx and swapping an sr20 into and maybe in the future going with an rb25. I would love to learn how to drift and there's a club that goes to a track about 15 minutes from my house that has open registration as long as your car passes inspection so hopefully when i finish college that's my plan

2004 Mustang GT
Vortech V2 SQ-Trim
3.33 Pulley
CX Racing Intercooler
Anderson Powerpipe
SLP Catted X
SLP Power-Flo Catback
Eibach Pro-Kit
Steeda Tri-Ax
SCT X3
FRPP 4:10's
Mac 70mm Throttle Body
Tuned by Big Daddy Performance

389 rwhp and 378 rwtq
MCxQubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #75
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT
XGC Flopdog

I was a huge Fbody fan back in the day, until the new style Mustang came out. I never really liked the way they felt before. I just always found the seating position, where the gear shift was located, etc, more comfy in the GM area. Now it's reversed. I don't like the new Fbody, but I love the new Mustangs. Odd, because between me and the wife, we've had 4 Fbodies. Oh well. I'm happy. :-)

For what I've always wanted to build...
https://www.factoryfive.com/kits/gtm-supercar/

Since it came out, I've lusted over that thing like no other. I just don't have the time or the finances to complete it, but in a decade or so, I'll build it!

Last edited by carlspeed; 02-10-2013 at 09:28 PM.
carlspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #76
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999

The next thing I will build will either be a jeep, or another baja bug. but this time class 5 specs, and a water cooled motor of some sort... baja was my first car, and had another that I sold to buy the stang... 67,and a 61.... Most likely a Jeep. Definately going up with it whatever it is..
11:1 forged motor, CMS stage 2.5 NA cams,Nitrous express plate kit(100 or 150 shot havent decided), mac lt's, BBK 78mm TB unit, 24# Injectors, Hughes performance built 4r70w W/ 3200 stall. Awaiting dyno tune...

The DD:"Mader"
2005 F150 supercrew 4x4. Leveled front with an Add-a-Leaf in the rear.Sitting on 33's W/ a nice system.
jtb727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #77
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

I would get a LS3 GrandSport Vette and make it into a complete road racing car. Completely gutted, Penske triple-adj. shocks, complete aero setup (wing, splitter, undertray, vented hood, carbon fiber body parts), lexan windows, dry sump, good solid cage and go race.

That alone could get well over $100k so it's almost not realistic for me... maybe someday. Otherwise, I would also like to find a good 66 Chevelle and fix it up nice for my dad as I know that was his favorite car growing up. Would be cool to give something back to him.

Michael Smith #10
ST2 C5 Z06
02 C5 Z06 (Sold)
04 Cobra (Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MPGncpDJPg
PushinTheLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #78
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
TJ Brillhart

Seeing that I made this thread like 2 years ago makes me laugh. My tastes have changed so much. Now I'm on to European cars like Lotus, BMW, and Audi. And I still want to have me a Coyote 5.0!

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Saying there is a 1whp difference between the X and H and trying to justify it as a performance difference, is like walking 100 feet to your car and eating a cheeseburger while saying its fine because you just did "cardio".
teej281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #79
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang GT, 2002 F150 XLT 4x4 Triton
MustangSVT97r
Send a message via AIM to uberstang1 Send a message via Yahoo to uberstang1

Like I started driving, and untill the day I stop driving, I will never drive anything but a Ford/Chevy/ or Chrysler product.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #80
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

I have thought about a four banger..whether its an n/a high revving thing or turbocharged. Maybe a newer civic si or S2000 but the thing is those types of vehicles would almost have to be small in size and weight. I personally like a little bit of a bigger car than that so maybe a turbo V6 Accord/TL.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1996, 429, 69, build, camaro, hockey, ls, modified, motor, mustang, plate, sc, stripe, swap, yenko