4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I Quit!!! I need Everyones Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:59 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Default I Quit!!! I need Everyones Help

so i have pretty much a all stock 03 gt auto trany. want to spend around 1500 on it. so i was going to put nitrous in, but i went to am added it all to my cart zex system with gauge and controller was around 1000 and that isnt power all the time. Then i have always really wanted to supercharge it, so i have been looking all over corral tryin to find a kit for about 1500. but then i called my nearest dyno shop and they want 599 for a dyno tune, and im sure i would need more parts if i buy a used set up. THEN i got to thinking is nitrous or a blower stupid because i have stock exhaust.........AHHHHHHHH........SO should i just buy a full exhaust longtubes or h and catback.....really it is driving me crazy. then i got to thinking about my auto tranny what if i run 400+hp to it....what would happen... HELP ME BEFORE I GO CRAZY HAHAHA. you guys are always helpful.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

I would get the full exhaust first, get all your basic bolt ons then save up to get your s/c. If you decide to go f/i though i can probably help find you a kit for around 1800-2200 with everything needed besides maybe a fuel pump and tuner/tune. That's what i picked up my procharger and vortec kits for when i had them. cliffy or mrtstang could probably help you more on the auto tranny issue than i could, never owned an auto in a mustang.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

This is one of those situations where it sounds like you want both a power adder and full exhaust. I don't blame you lol. You're just going to have to pick one for now, since money won't allow for both. I will say that if i found a smoking deal on a blower (especially if it had all the extras) if i were in your shoes, i'd probably pull the trigger on that. Another option is to just piece your exhaust together as time and money permit.

Your auto tranny will be fine with a blower or nitrous as well.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Just had another thought lol. Buy a good used nitrous kit (got mine for $500 and it had all the accessories) and then you'll have money left over to start some of the exhaust work...maybe even all of it you're buying used.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Just had another thought lol. Buy a good used nitrous kit (got mine for $500 and it had all the accessories) and then you'll have money left over to start some of the exhaust work...maybe even all of it you're buying used.
I sold my full kit for 450 with the accessories, there are deals to be found on them. Like he said if you can get a deal on a f/i setup jump on that but you can always do things piece by piece.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
found this for 575 with no auto opener

For sale is a Zex Race EFI wet Nitrous Kit:

1 year old complete kit (every nut, bolt and wire included).
Adjustable from 100 - 250 hp shot. Includes all electronics for TPS switch activation including relay (no more failed micro switches).

This is a complete kit and includes a pressure regulated bottle heater, purge system, both Nitrous and Fuel valves, ashtray panel switches, bottle brackets, all bottle fittings and lines, fuel shear fogger nozzle and TWO bottles (original purple bottle and spare white Nitrous Express bottle with HI FLO valve).

No additional parts, other than zip ties, are needed to install this kit, EVERYTHING is Included. This kit retails for $630 without the extra bottle, heater, opener, purge system & panel switches.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I don't know man. I found my V-1 head unit for 650 bucks. I would just piece together a S/C. With the help of another member on MF (Kerns) it took me 4 mths to piece my set up together. Final cost: $2,170.00. That's including the intercooler, Tial BOV, 42lb injectors and a Anderson power pipe. If I wanted to go cheaper it would have probably cost right at around 1500-1700 bucks.. Good luck..
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

doesn't sound like a bad deal, i would offer him $525 and see if he takes it.

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I don't know man. I found my V-1 head unit for 650 bucks. I would just piece together a S/C. With the help of another member on MF (Kerns) it took me 4 mths to piece my set up together. Final cost: $2,170.00. That's including the intercooler, Tial BOV, 42lb injectors and a Anderson power pipe. If I wanted to go cheaper it would have probably cost right at around 1500-1700 bucks.. Good luck..
thats just a little over what i paid for my v2 setup that i had, same exact setup just v2 blower. i paid 2100 total for my v2 kit and i paid 2000 for the procharger p1sc. Both were intercooled and came with everything required for install besides the tune.

Last edited by Gt04; 04-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

That nitrous kit is a pretty good deal. like Gt04 said make him an offer, and you might walk away with an even better deal.

You mentioned in your first post about having power all the time. You're gonna have to think about that real hard lol. Ask yourself these few questions: How many bottles will i maybe go through in a season? Will WOT power only be enough, or am i the kind of person who needs to feel the extra power under all conditions...part throttle, out of corners, etc...

I will tell you something else that you may or may not already know. If you want a blower and are looking at a basic centrifugal setup, you will most definitely need a intercooler or methanol running 10+ psi to give it the consistent power it would need to be equal to or faster than a 100 shot of nitrous. Trust me i know this from experience lol.

Just some things to consider.

Last edited by mrtstang; 04-16-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

Like soldier said, I did pretty much the exact same thing as him, just took my time and found good deals on everything for my V2 and saved alot of money. Just take your time finding deals. I see no point getting longtubes though if your gonna get a blower or nitrous. I hit 400WHP without them so why spend the extra cash?

Quick Reply: I Quit!!! I need Everyones Help