4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

my ongoing nitrous install thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:26 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Well sent out my microedge last week for repair. I've got no idea how long it'll be before i get it back tho. However I did get a bit done today since it was so nice out. since i'm going for a very stealth install I put the solenoids in the fender well and mounted the nozzle on the underside of the intake. I'm almost done now altho i need a few pieces of 4an line, I need a 4' piece and a 5/6' piece. So if anyones got some laying around let me know. but other than adding those 2 lines and hooking up my relays for the solenoids it's all on. here's some pics:

solenoids in the pass fenderwell. I fabbed up a bracket to mount them.

a picture from the front, other than those two braided lines you cant see a thing. I'm gonna pick up some wire loom to cover them up with so they aren't so noticeable. the trick is going to be hiding the fuel line.

and a pic of the nozzle from behind
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Just a couple of small details I noticed in the pictures you posted...
You may be on-top of these items already, but I just wanted to make a mention anyway to be sure. The valve on the bottle should be pointing straight down due to the position of the pickup tube inside the bottle. The fuel/nitrous nozzle in the air inlet tube should be pointing straight up the inlet tube, not angled toward the side of the tube. Both of these items appear to be pointed in directions other than optimum.

Good luck with the remaining install items and let us know how it goes once installed.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i just angle the bottle the way it is due to the penguin on it, when i actually spray I intend on moving the bottle the correct way. but what do you mean about the nozzle? it is pointing straight into the tube and is placed in the middle of it. the angle of the picture might make it look crooked tho.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
i just angle the bottle the way it is due to the penguin on it, when i actually spray I intend on moving the bottle the correct way. but what do you mean about the nozzle? it is pointing straight into the tube and is placed in the middle of it. the angle of the picture might make it look crooked tho.
I figured you were on-top of those details, but just wanted to make sure you were getting all you could get from your new set-up.

The picture made it look like the nozzle was pointing toward the passenger fender a little and not straight up the inlet tube.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 AM
andrewhope014

Default re : my ongoing nitrous install thread...

looking cool nitro, i was wondering to install nitro system in my mustang GT 100.
but i have some doubts in my mind if i install nitro in my car then engine performance can be going down after installation or not.

Westland MI Locksmith
Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Automated spammer........