4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

American Muscle wheels vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:31 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 69MustangCoupe393cid
Yeah, I got lucky, they had to break into everyone else's car because they were FWD and all had the Ebrake on. Me, up with the rear wheels and off she went. The place was a half mile from where we were parked. Say it took them an hour to tow all 4 (probably took less), that's 800 bucks an hour they made... CASH.
Yea, parking is such a scam in most cities but in Philadelphia it's absolute robbery.

Well, I'm glad you are out safe and sound, friend!

Take care!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Thebigmistake

Just wanted to add my experience , I have also been dealing with American Muscles rims lack of quality, I'm on my third set in 6 or 7 months (they sent replacements) and they still shimmy. I have spent over 500 dollars on road force balances , allignments, sensor swaps you name it. The shimmy started as soon as I threw these OE black replica rims on. It is driving me insane. I have jacked my car up at least 40 times now. They have been cool about sending me replacements, but all of a sudden they stopped responding to me after I offered to road trip down there warehouse to throw my rims on there balance machine to see whats going on. I wish I just left my car stock with just a set of axlebacks, nothing but problems.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Thebigmistake

Forgot to add that my Mustang is a 11 GT, had 3500 miles on it when I first swapped to these rims, now I have 10,500.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Yeah mine still shakes a bit but what are you gunna do. When you pay under 200 bucks a rim it's not going to be perfect. I just hope the finish holds up. I clean my wheels often and keep the bad stuff off them and I also use winter wheels so these will never see salt. We'll see I suppose.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thebigmistake
Just wanted to add my experience , I have also been dealing with American Muscles rims lack of quality, I'm on my third set in 6 or 7 months (they sent replacements) and they still shimmy. I have spent over 500 dollars on road force balances , allignments, sensor swaps you name it. The shimmy started as soon as I threw these OE black replica rims on. It is driving me insane. I have jacked my car up at least 40 times now. They have been cool about sending me replacements, but all of a sudden they stopped responding to me after I offered to road trip down there warehouse to throw my rims on there balance machine to see whats going on. I wish I just left my car stock with just a set of axlebacks, nothing but problems.
I'm terribly sorry to hear you're having trouble with the wheels. It's never fun to have your "new car" feeling ruined by a string of bad experiences. I'm just sad that they were with us, so let's get this fixed...

I'll do everything in my power to correct this for you. Just like Nick, we'll either get to the bottom of it immediately or work to find some way to get you back to loving your car again!

I searched for more information on you (a possible email address or web-link in your user information) and couldn't bring up your order. Could you please PM me with any order info that you have, so that I can look into this for you?

Let me know and I'll get moving on it for you right away. We really pride ourselves on the quality of our wheels over our competitors. This is why we offer the finish warranty and this much support. This thread doesn't really reflect the quality of our wheels as a whole. We sell hundreds of wheels each day/week and occasionally have an inventory problem or QA problem, and I'm sorry you got the brunt of it. We're here to make our customers happy, though. We'll have you squared away in no-time, just the way we'd want it handled ordering wheels for our own Mustangs!

edit* I see you are too new to send/receive PMs. Please email me: chris(dot)young(at)americanmuscle(dot)com

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 10-07-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
julianled7

Default AM Wheels need Help!!

HELP please! I too am having problems with American Muscle wheels. I purchased 18" AMR wheels for my 2011 GT and reused my OEM tires, had the wheels put on and now I have a shimmy / vibration in my steering wheel between 40-50 mph. I talked to AM and they said to get a road force balance which they would pay for, this should fix the problem. Great, so I get it done at a Ford dealership and still the vibration. Also before this I did removed all the washer retainer clips on the lug studs... Very upset at this point almost spent an hour on the phone with AM and didn't get anywhere. They told me to go back to the dealer cause they messed up the road force balance. Also they stopped returning my emails and I left a voicr message for the supervisor Dave and no call back. My mustang is a daily driver so I can't just stick it in the garage when something is wrong with it, i have to drivr it every day. So I had no choice but to have the dealer put my old OEM wheels back on. No surprises the car is back to normal driving 100% like new. Now I have $600 tied up in these wheels!! Can anyone help me out with AM to get these returned and get refunded. That's all I'm asking for, which I feel is fair. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Limehorse06

So I am having this issue as well, 3 of the 4 Drift Style AM wheels with Nitto NT 555s are "spinning OOR" according to Les Schwab. I am currently working with AM through email, as I am deployed overseas. They asked for a copy of the receipt from Les Schwab, which I sent them. I am awaiting their response, which I am sure will be to back up the products they sale. I have had nothing but good experiences so far and do not expect that to change!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Bump! Scrubbed a wheel on a curb and had to order a new one. New wheel is GARBAGE!!!! this was NOT a "bad run" as I was told originally. The wheels are flat out garbage still a year later. On top of that, I was promised a discount on my account going forward which AM just REVOKED! I will never order with these guys again. Now I know why there are so many complaints with the BBB with them.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

If there is a lesson here, it should be:

You get what you pay for.

In the long run, it's always better to pay more for quality. It's also cheaper. Always.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 04-19-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by Limehorse06
They asked for a copy of the receipt from Les Schwab, which I sent them. I am awaiting their response, which I am sure will be to back up the products they sale. I have had nothing but good experiences so far and do not expect that to change!
Have you read the entire thread?

Quick Reply: American Muscle wheels vibration problem