4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

American Muscle wheels vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
(Paraphrazed) Blah blah blah blah . Yadda yada yadda
So, you just wasted 731 words to say "Yeah, what Vertigo said, except the OP as well as all working class consumers getting screwed deserve it because they are lazy dumba55es who flocked around and got born outside of the elite silver spoon crowd or with inferior intellects such as possessed by myself". That's the argument all you Ayan Randers make. "Just be glad you have a job"... "If you don't like it start your own company and run it the way you want"
... Yeah, right....
You are probably correct about the dumba55 worker part, because the American workers did not revolt when Wall Street crashed because the Ponzi scheme they were running finally collapsed and the WORKERS paid the bill and also the Multi-Million dollar Bonuses to the culprits who ran the US economy into the ground. Ross Perot was right when he said that if NAFTA and GAT were passed, there would be a giant sucking sound when all of our jobs suddenly went to China and third world nations. And I could not care less what some poor schmuck in a communist nation thinks of me, to them, anyone who has their own god@mn bedroom is a king. I am an American not a citizen of some communist country, and I expect our political and business leaders to do what is best for America, not sell out our jobs to the country that can pay its employees 5 cent an hour and have to put up nets to catch the miserable slave when he tries to commit suicide by jumping out the factory window where he lives in a 8 by 12 room with 3 other miserable little flockers... The point is Tax the Crap out of imported goods and US companies who produce their products using offshore slave labor, pay an American worker what they are TRULY WORTH, not what you can get away with, throw the Wall Street Criminals into the same prison that you threw the poor guy who stole to feed his family or sold a few bags of weed, and then that same American worker can afford to buy a quality product made by another well paid American worker.
Also you ain't quite as friggin' brilliant as you think you are.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Congratulations! I don't know many union thugs, I mean workers, who can count to 731.

Tomorrow's Lesson:

Learning how to breath without thinking about it.

(We'll have EMTs standing by.)
Old 06-03-2013, 01:19 PM
StangLife
Former Sponsor

Not everyone realizes or cares that there are wheels of different quality out there. To some people, wheels are wheels and the cheaper, the better. I sell Forgeline wheels and I've had more than few of my fellow Mustang guys say, in all seriousness, "Why would I pay $1000 for a wheel when I can get one for $150?"..and they say it as more of a statement and not a question. They just cant wrap their heads around it.

That said, there's definitely a market for cheap mass-produced wheels. I own a set of Forgelines and a set of cheepos - I just have realistic expectations.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

It's all about what you want. My car is not a race car, I knew I was buying cheap wheels, but the issue was that they did not function properly as advertised. I expected some vibration or a bad finish/heavy wheel, but not something to the point where I could feel my car literally hop as I was driving in a parking lot.

My car is a street car and I by no means expected a perfect wheel, so I saw no reason to spend $300 on a wheel. They are not on a race car and the car rarely sees over 100 MPH. If I owned a GT500, you bet your *** I'd spend $300+ on a wheel, but this is a 90k mile 13 year old GT. But honestly it's not even about the wheels, it's about the customer service because I know American Muscle doesn't build the wheels, they just sell them. I was very understanding about a "defective" product, I live it everyday at my job so I see this from the other end as well. They handled it very poorly and that was the issue. I wish I had the conversation I had with Kurt, he was talking to me like I was some low life piece of trash who just robbed his house. His lack of respect made me sick.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:46 AM
StangLife
Former Sponsor

Honestly, even a cheap wheel should go well over 100mph and not vibrate.

Lots of variables. Usually cheap wheel + cheapest tire someone can find + joe-blow balancer guy = nightmare

They should definitely treat a customer who is having a problem better.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangLife
Honestly, even a cheap wheel should go well over 100mph and not vibrate.

Lots of variables. Usually cheap wheel + cheapest tire someone can find + joe-blow balancer guy = nightmare

They should definitely treat a customer who is having a problem better.
My tires were $250 a pop, if anything the tires helped the wheels haha.