4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

H&R Super Sports & CHE LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

You know damn well that I approve. And it will settle a little bit more.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

should really look good once they completely settle in. Now crank that sexiii DSG bish up!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Well for reference i can fit 2 fingers (almost 3) between the top of the tire and the outer wheel well. To be honest i love the way it sits now. I didn't want a really slammed ride. At first i didn't think it was much lower, but now that it's starting to set in (and the more i stare at it) it's quite a bit lower than before.

Something else worth noting is that the car looks really low and aggressive from the rear IMO. I had my dad drive it, and i followed behind in his quiet little Hyundai, and the car looks mean as hell with the drop and wide rear tires.

Also i forgot how loud my car was lol. It's been a long time since i've rode behind my ride, and it was fun hearing how truly loud my setup is.

I'm still working on a few vids, so bear with me guys.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

its settled, after reading this thread and the "post your agressive stance" thread, H&R SS's, shocks struts and cc plates are coming after gears
Old 05-09-2011, 08:03 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
its settled, after reading this thread and the "post your agressive stance" thread, H&R SS's, shocks struts and cc plates are coming after gears
I think you'll be happy with the change. Don't get wrong i liked my Pro-Kit but after a while you really start to notice the how high your ride still sits compared to others when going to car shows and whatnot, and how much of a difference a little drop makes in terms of looks.

IMO, the car now looks aesthetically correct if that makes sense.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I think you'll be happy with the change. Don't get wrong i liked my Pro-Kit but after a while you really start to notice the how high your ride still sits compared to others when going to car shows and whatnot, and how much of a difference a little drop makes in terms of looks.

IMO, the car now looks aesthetically correct if that makes sense.
exactly, sometimes it looks nice and low and other times it just looks a little higher, did u get shock and stuts with ur SS's?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
exactly, sometimes it looks nice and low and other times it just looks a little higher, did u get shock and stuts with ur SS's?
Nope! Still on the stock shocks and struts. I didn't get c&c plates either. I'll take the car in for an alignment check in the next few days, and see where i'm at though. If it's too far out of spec i'll buy some c&c plates then.

I was going to do some cheap shocks/struts and be done with it, but i decided to save and a little and get some good ones like maybe Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustables. The stockers seemed to be in good shape still, so hopefully they'll last me through the season.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I knew the whole damn time that you would be in love with the stance!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I knew the whole damn time that you would be in love with the stance!
Haha yeah i kind of had that feeling too, but i was just being a p***y and worried about all the horror stories i had read.

One thing i knew was going to happen though, is that i now can't get into my storage unit to park my car without some type of ramp lol. No biggy, i just need to get some boards or whatnot.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Martinarcher64
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad I read this thread. I'm going to order H&R springs soon and have been debating about getting new shocks or not. Let us know how the alignment goes too! Car looks perfect btw!

Quick Reply: H&R Super Sports & CHE LCA's