4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Is a 2001 Stage II Roush Mustang worth looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Clipsburgh

Default Is a 2001 Stage II Roush Mustang worth looking at?

I was originally looking for a straight up Mustang GT when I stumbled onto this one on autotrader today with 42,000 miles, but I'm not very familiar with them and know little about Roush performance Mustangs.

Do you guys think it's something I should look into?

I'm also a little hesitant on the price, $10,000.

Which seemed pretty low to me, a little too low I though.

Which is why I'm doing a little investigating first. I also noticed that the headers were upgraded when I thought stage II is only supposed to be a suspension and handling upgrade.

http://edmunds.autotrader.com/fyc/vd...standard=false
Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 AM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

I've seen some for that cheap with about the same mileage. And what's wrong with upgraded headers? So what if someone did a little upgrading? Unless you are looking for a completely stock car.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Clipsburgh

Originally Posted by MustangGt40th
I've seen some for that cheap with about the same mileage. And what's wrong with upgraded headers? So what if someone did a little upgrading? Unless you are looking for a completely stock car.
I was looking for a stock Mustang that someone didn't molest, but with a professional Roush upgrade thats a little different.

I just don't want something that is too souped up because I'm looking for a daily driver. But I mean just a header upgrade shouldnt do too much to this car anyways right?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:59 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Seems like a good deal, lots of those floating around right now with Roush cars. Check on Fnsweet.com. Somebody might know more about that car.

S2 cars are fun, good looks, lots of suspension / brakes makes for a fun street car.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Clipsburgh
I was looking for a stock Mustang that someone didn't molest, but with a professional Roush upgrade thats a little different.

I just don't want something that is too souped up because I'm looking for a daily driver. But I mean just a header upgrade shouldnt do too much to this car anyways right?
how it always starts want a daily driver!!!! soon enough you will be putting things on it. if not they why would you buy a v8 gt with gas prices over 4 bux. if u want a daily driver buy a v6
Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Clipsburgh

Originally Posted by 03SonicBlue_GT
how it always starts want a daily driver!!!! soon enough you will be putting things on it. if not they why would you buy a v8 gt with gas prices over 4 bux. if u want a daily driver buy a v6
I wouldn't want to keep it stock forever, my big thing is that I want something that "I" modify and personally pick and choose each part. Not something someone else tinkered with.

But headers really aren't that big of an upgrade I guess, though in the description it does say they took the Cats off, so id have to install them to pass emissions.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Clipsburgh
I wouldn't want to keep it stock forever, my big thing is that I want something that "I" modify and personally pick and choose each part. Not something someone else tinkered with.

But headers really aren't that big of an upgrade I guess, though in the description it does say they took the Cats off, so id have to install them to pass emissions.
Well if the headers are LT's then you probably wont pass emissions if it had cats anyway.

I love not having emissions lol
Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

crap i almost paid that for mine a few years ago. someone beat the hell out of mine and it was still a good car at 80k so id say a special edition pretty much, at 42k should be plenty reliable.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:52 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

everyone else fail to notice its a V6 with a motor swap done and some body mods?...

offer him $4000 if he doesnt take it walk away...
Old 05-14-2011, 04:12 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow
everyone else fail to notice its a V6 with a motor swap done and some body mods?...

offer him $4000 if he doesnt take it walk away...
What ad are you looking at???

It's a silver Stage 2 Roush. Even has the serial number posted...which is rare for a dealer to be smart enough to include.

Quick Reply: Is a 2001 Stage II Roush Mustang worth looking at?