4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My New 2002 Mustang GT Convertible with only 36k miles! Photos inside please rate! :)

Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 AM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
i had people revving at me leaving because they heard my car on the dyno....way too much bark sine it sounds faster than it is.
oh i wish i had a kenne bell slapped on mine. people would say like on here nice girls car man then they hear it whine and oh im gone haha
Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luke1333
oh i wish i had a kenne bell slapped on mine. people would say like on here nice girls car man then they hear it whine and oh im gone haha
i dont have anything but exhaust and a waste of money called a CAI. it just sounds really nasty.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:56 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

That thing must have been babied! Looks brand new and even still has the original Goodyear Gatorbacks on it.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
That thing must have been babied! Looks brand new and even still has the original Goodyear Gatorbacks on it.
Thanks man and new tires came today! Goodyear eagle gt ultra high performance all seasons but not putting them on til next week
Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
EC Stang

Looks nice, clean, low miles. Don't feel you paid too much, in the shape its in its worth it. There are a lot of these cars that are driven real hard and not cared for and as time passes by there will be fewer and fewer in good condition with resale value.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Congrats !!!! Very clean Mustang.

Also welcome to forum
Old 07-04-2011, 12:41 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
i have an 04 auto vert GT and it's awesome. if someone says it's a chick car then whatever, they are just jealous.
It's a stock auto GT... on a mustang forum, no offense to anyone but i don't think too many people on this website are jealous of THAT car. And there are a lot of cars on this site im quite jealous of.

Originally Posted by Tommy079
You don't have to please these guys around here man...just yourself. If you're happy with the price you paid then most of us will be happy for you.

And I don't think you were being a dick. I saw you had said your dad worked at a dealer, but I didn't know you did also. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of nice and rough trade ins.

People will say mileage means nothing, but it can mean everything if a person didn't take care of the car for 50,000+ miles. And really there's no safe way to know that for sure....other than to buy a car with low miles. So what you're paying for is not taking that chance. So it was obviously worth it to you. I took a chance on mine and had an electrical short after 3 weeks. Mind you it only cost $250 to address, but still it was a problem.

I'm happy because you're happy. And on that guy who said it was a chick car...umm with my top up I get some notice, but with the top down everybody's head turns. So if by chick car you mean chick magnet then you are 100% right.
I think its just the red lol. My friend used to drive a 92 cellica convertible that was red... chicks loved his car too, that was DEF a chick car lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM
mikeofwarr

I think your 02 vert looks like it's in great shape. You haven't lived unless you've cruised around on a nice evening with the top down and the stars out! It's even fun on a cold night with heater on!

Since you have worked at a Ford dealer, you probably know you may be able to get an Oasis report about the maintenance history of the car! You said you got the original window sticker ; did you get any maintenance records to document the low miles?

Last edited by mikeofwarr; 07-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeofwarr
I think your 02 vert looks like it's in great shape. You haven't lived unless you've cruised around on a nice evening with the top down and the stars out! It's even fun on a cold night with heater on!

Since you have worked at a Ford dealer, you probably know you may be able to get an Oasis report about the maintenance history of the car! You said you got the original window sticker ; did you get any maintenance records to document the low miles?
Thanks man and I know its so nice to cruise in! And I didn't get oasis since I don't work there anymore but I got full carfax and auto check on it and mileage is legit!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM
24kmach

Very nice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New 2002 Mustang GT Convertible with only 36k miles! Photos inside please rate! :)