4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

2001 GT convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:48 PM
rumtillidie
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation 2001 GT convertible

Hi everyone

I sold my old mustang which was a 1999 mustang V6 and decided to got with a V8 this time. I was checking out a convertible today it looked in good condition. It has 97K km's and is going for $9000. One problem it had was the vent/AC only works on the MAX setting. The other three modes don't work. He said its a common problem on V8 convertibles and that a sensor has melted. He said it costs $30 to replace it. I am wondering if this is true or if he is just saying that..if it is true I was going to ask him if he can get it fixed then I will buy the car. Another minor problem was the engine has a little rust inside, would that affect the car in the future?

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get an answer buy tonight because I want to get it before its gone!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:46 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

If it's such an easy fix tell them to do it and you'll pay them the $30...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:28 PM
sv650lex
2nd Gear Member

What exactly do you mean the engine has rust inside.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

^+1, I had missed that in my first reading of your post...

Also, does it have 97k kilometers (km's) or miles? If the former then it was not originally a US delivery vehicle.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:51 AM
rumtillidie
2nd Gear Member

Sorry guys I went and bought another convertible..this one has 69,000 kms on it! I'm in Canada not the US by the way. This car is completely stock so I will be doing some mods to it soon. Anyone change to an aftermarket deck on a Mach 460 system??
Old 07-13-2011, 02:19 PM
vargas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rumtillidie
Sorry guys I went and bought another convertible..this one has 69,000 kms on it! I'm in Canada not the US by the way. This car is completely stock so I will be doing some mods to it soon. Anyone change to an aftermarket deck on a Mach 460 system??
I have a 97 GT Vert. I changed the deck. If its a top of the line deck then all you need is the harness and connect the wires in the proper order and you'll be good to go. that Mach 460 BUMPS. I have a Clarion flip out deck installed. all the speakers work/amps.

I used to have a no brand cd unit installed and the speakers would pop everytime i turn it on and off. lol so i upgraded.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 PM
humansieve
1st Gear Member

BTW on the blower only working on high..... Its the resistor, the part is around $20.00 and its a quick easy fix. This is a very common problem and not a big deal at all.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 AM
rumtillidie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by humansieve
BTW on the blower only working on high..... Its the resistor, the part is around $20.00 and its a quick easy fix. This is a very common problem and not a big deal at all.
awww If I knew this I would have picked up that mustang! O well...I'm happy with what I got now!!

Thanks for the help Vargas! You wouldn't know how I can run wires for an external amplifier? I can't put down the back seat for some reason in the convertible like I did with the hardtop.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM
vargas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rumtillidie
awww If I knew this I would have picked up that mustang! O well...I'm happy with what I got now!!

Thanks for the help Vargas! You wouldn't know how I can run wires for an external amplifier? I can't put down the back seat for some reason in the convertible like I did with the hardtop.
No i don't....i understand that if you run external wires for an aftermarket amp, you'll lose your speakers. It's either all aftermarket or all stock (excluding the head unit). The seat wont fold down because of the fact that its a convertible.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM
rumtillidie
2nd Gear Member

O no I meant run wires for a subwoofer...not changing any speakers!

Quick Reply: 2001 GT convertible