4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Blown SN95 guys - question about FMIC's

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by LilRoush
You guys and your facts = fail.

The M90 on the Super Coupe blows UP in to a hat and leads down front on the driver's side to a small air to air, then back around on the same side and up to the lower intake up against the firewall.

To use a bigger front mount, you'll want to use an intercooler that has the inlet/outlet on the same end.
Ah i can see it now, never delved into the super coups much, just knew they used an air to air setup.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay-rod427
Learn something new everday, thanks Roush. But I guess that is why this is the 4.6L section not the 4.2L out of a supercoupe or whatever section.
More facts: There was no 4.2L Super Coupe, it was a 3.8L pushrod. The 4.2L bottom end is from the F-150. It's a common V6 swap to get you up to 5.0L (pushrod) numbers without adding 2 sparkplugs.

What Matt (other Matt) is looking for is an air to air that will fit behind the stock front bumper. I can't think of a single V6 member on this forum who has that. This section is probably gonna be more help.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

check out this
https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...-finished.html

^this fmic might be a little big but cxracing sells different size ones along with piping
Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

More facts: There was no 4.2L Super Coupe, it was a 3.8L pushrod. The 4.2L bottom end is from the F-150. It's a common V6 swap to get you up to 5.0L (pushrod) numbers without adding 2 sparkplugs.

Correct. 3.8 bored out .30 over, with forged internals, and 4.2 bottom.

What Matt (other Matt) is looking for is an air to air that will fit behind the stock front bumper. I can't think of a single V6 member on this forum who has that. This section is probably gonna be more help.
Also correct. Looking to be the first here to have a FMIC 4.2 M90'd.

Originally Posted by school boy
check out this
https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...-finished.html

^this fmic might be a little big but cxracing sells different size ones along with piping
Yes, I saw and followed this thread but I did not want to cut my front support beam so I wants something that I [B]knew[B]would fit without having to do any cutting.

Matthew
Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Sorry, I think Car2n beat you.
Look him up on Youtube. I'm thinkin' he runs a FMIC on his green stroker M90 V6.

Edit:
374rwhp and 431rwtq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=378q-C8pblA

Last edited by LilRoush; 08-10-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Also correct. Looking to be the first here to have a FMIC 4.2 M90'd.

Yes, I saw and followed this thread but I did not want to cut my front support beam so I wants something that I [B]knew[B]would fit without having to do any cutting.

Matthew
type in 2.5 intercooler on ebay and there will be several smaller i/c come up. imho, 2.5 pipeing should work fine for your setup. something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/27-5X...Q5fAccessories
should fit behind your bumper without cutting. just measure just in case.

^heres my setup and i removed my support and used a 2x2 aluminum tubing. the i/c is 31x13x3
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Sorry, I think Car2n beat you.
Look him up on Youtube. I'm thinkin' he runs a FMIC on his green stroker M90 V6.

Edit:
374rwhp and 431rwtq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=378q-C8pblA
Yeah, Ive seen this one, and there is another Yellow New Edge with the same set up by the name V6KR IIRC. I just ment the first on this forum to run the set up. Alot of 6ers run the M112 but I dont think anyone here runs the M90.
type in 2.5 intercooler on ebay and there will be several smaller i/c come up. imho, 2.5 pipeing should work fine for your setup. something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/27-5X...Q5fAccessories
should fit behind your bumper without cutting. just measure just in case.

^heres my setup and i removed my support and used a 2x2 aluminum tubing. the i/c is 31x13x3
Thanks SchoolBoy. Ill look into it. I saw several on Ebay I just didnt know which ones would fit. You think 2.5 will work with a F150 Lightning 75MM TB as that what Ill be running.

Matthew
Old 08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

are you running a blow through maf or draw through setup. btw the 2.5 will hold a little higher boost preasure than a 3 inch setup but not by much. the extra volume of the 3 inch setup is why. another thing, most of the intercoolers in the size you want will be 2.5 inch inlet/outlet.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

are you running a blow through maf or draw through setup. btw the 2.5 will hold a little higher boost preasure than a 3 inch setup but not by much. the extra volume of the 3 inch setup is why. another thing, most of the intercoolers in the size you want will be 2.5 inch inlet/outlet.
I want to say draw thru but I could be wrong. Im kinda a noob when it comes to real indebth knowledge of SC and FI. Kinda stumbling around online and in the dark so far. Thats going to make install FUN!!!!

Matthew
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

a draw through is before the supercharger. the blow through is on the side between the supercharger and intake manifold. it wouldnt matter which size i/c piping you run with a draw through because its not ran with the i/c piping. just rember, running a draw through setup, the bypass valve/blow off valve has to recirculate the blew off air back between the supercharger and maf

Quick Reply: Blown SN95 guys - question about FMIC's