4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Mugen SI vs 04 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Default Mugen SI vs 04 Mustang GT

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little story.

A few days back we were coming out from a party in a 2006 G35 when this guy asks if that G35 was the one that came with Brembo brakes? My friend who owns the car reply saying that no it wasn't. So this guy in the honda tells him that he took a G35 with Brembos in a race. Since I know that guy because he has try to race my friend's 2006 mustang gt with full bolts ons and has also challenge my mustang gt. I told him that his car was just a Civic SI with a body kit some suspension work and a rice pipe and that none of that made his car that much faster in a straight line. For some reason the honda guy kept making comments about his car and how fast it was, it was then when my friend told him to put his money were his mouth was and take the cars for a quick spin. The honda guy decline saying that we were too drunk to race. So that night we let things the way they were.

The next day I send a text to the honda's guy girlfriend which I happen to know. He quickly replys telling me that the only way he would race will be for money. So right away I notice that this guy is just trying to scare my friend and I by talking big but nothing else. So we convince him to come to our house and he could race either the G35 or my Mustang GT or even a 2002 beetle turbo we had around for kicks. the guy ends up coming and quickly he tells me to race for pinks, I was like are you serious, what a child really that only happens in car shows and movies. Either way I told him that it was fine, that I was ok to race for pinks. So after that he tells me to race for money, and to make the story short this Mugen guy ends up shaking hands and telling me that he just wants to race for the sake of it.

At the end of the day I took my mustang gt and I literally rape his poor civic. Every single time I had him like I was expecting. I even started in 2nd gear twice, from a roll at 20MPH in 4th Gear and not even like that would he be even close to me. No matter how bad a beat him, he wanted to keep racing, and we did or at least he did because I was not even pushing my car that hard. So lesson learn for this guy who previously from our race, he had claimed on previous occasion that his car had race and beat many mustang gts of any year and many g35s and 350z.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Cool story bro.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:22 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Too long didn't read but still want to say cool story bro
Old 08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Good story and good outcome,if I had a dollar every time some douche in a honda or some other ricer revved up at me or wanted to race me i could retire,I just dont get these kids,its like me getting in my mustang and going by a Z06 and revving it up,I used to put these clowns in their place but its gets old after a while.Just let them talk their sh*t and be done,we really know what will happen.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
jrp1588
2nd Gear Member

I just don't see why people like to talk a big game if you can't back it up. The people you could beat in a race are average Joe driving his toyota camry, and he doesn't give a crap. The people who might actually be interested in talking about racing probably drive something that could wipe the floor with you.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
TOMMY01GT
2nd Gear Member

Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Was a pretty good story, although should be posted in the street/strip section.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
humansieve
1st Gear Member

HA What would you have done with a Civic?
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Bmitchell373
2nd Gear Member

I had a new civic ex with just a loud pipe trying to race me, and I wouldn't. He confronted me at a stop light and said "why wouldn't you race me?" I responded "Because when you loose you will blame it on the pizza delivery sign that's on your roof".
Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DrDeaths01GT
Good story and good outcome,if I had a dollar every time some douche in a honda or some other ricer revved up at me or wanted to race me i could retire,I just dont get these kids,its like me getting in my mustang and going by a Z06 and revving it up,I used to put these clowns in their place but its gets old after a while.Just let them talk their sh*t and be done,we really know what will happen.
The guys girlfriend works with me, everytime I would talk about my car with my coworker who also has a mustang she would always mention his boyfriends mugen honda as if it was a corvette. We mostly ignore her because we figure she knew nothing about cars but when her boyfriend came to us that night, we just couldnt resist. He was acting all though and stuff so we confronted him. That sad part was that he really thought his car was faster.

Quick Reply: Mugen SI vs 04 Mustang GT