4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Huge Change.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
BrideGt

Default Huge Change.

What's up guys. So this is a big big change for me. I grew up on the whole JDM scene with 4cylinder cars. I've had a Eclipse Gsx, and a Lancer Gts both Mitsu's..Under my skin i've been dying for a muscle car. Preferably a Mustang. I battled in my head for months between Camaros, Mustangs, GTO's and so on. I have made my decision obviously, thats's why I'm here. I will pick up one of these mustangs for sure within a couple weeks as soon as I make my mind up. I am really leaning on the 2000 Gt. First mission is jdm bride racing seats. I know "jdm" in an american car… It will all come together as soon as I make a build thread. Check these stangs out and any tips will be appreciated.

This is the 2000 GT Vert
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

1997 Gt Supercharged
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

At 1st I was thinking New Edge all the way but that 97 looks clean.. I would probably pick the 97 GT...

Last edited by Soldier GT; 10-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:00 AM
IEGT1015
3rd Gear Member

meh to either of those, I'd keep looking. where are you in illinois?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:46 AM
BrideGt

Springfield.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 AM
CobraFrenzy
3rd Gear Member

97 def looks sharp .. Althogh know pic of the engine bay would concern me
Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

the 97 says it is supercharged but no were did i see what type of blower or see a pic i would be leery of that one
Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

^ exactly what i was thinking
Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

First off welcome to the dark side.

They both look clean. I am not a vert fan, but it looks nice. It has a few more miles then the 97 relative to years. The 97 also looks good, but no pic of the engine and it looks like the battery has been relocated. If is indeed been SC you never know if the previous owner beat the crap out of it. I would start with a fresh base and do my own thing. You never know what someone has done to a modified car.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 PM
BrideGt

Originally Posted by scooter3

The 97 also looks good, but no pic of the engine and it looks like the battery has been relocated. If is indeed been SC you never know if the previous owner beat the crap out of it. I would start with a fresh base and do my own thing. You never know what someone has done to a modified car.
Exactly what I was thinking. Thats why I am leaning more towards the 2000 GT Plus. I dont know if the PI Headswap was done, or if they just threw a SC on it. Either way you are limited without the swap because of bad air flow, The 2000 doesnt have that problem, I think I might want to start out fresh.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Blown_n_Stroked

I agree with the "meh" to both. I guess it really depends on what you plan to do with the car. I would pass on the 00 due to the vert top. There could be leaks and bad seals that could drive you bonkers. My previous vert was fun for about 2 months, then i got out of the whole drop top style and left it up all the time. As for the 97, i would stay away from this one completely. As stated earlier, you have no clue what has been done to it and how bad it was abused. You also don't know if the bottom end has been built or if its even tuned right. It's also an automatic...... In my opinion thats an automatic no unless you prefer and auto. Then again with it being blown the previous owner probably dogged it and the auto trans could be wore out also which would be more money you would initially have to put into it.

So in my opinion i would continue my search. But, if you prefer one or the other i would go with the 2000.

Quick Reply: Huge Change.