4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Arizona Cruise on Central - Cobra Aftermath......

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Default Arizona Cruise on Central - Cobra Aftermath......

Lots of Pictures, it may take some time to load them all...

Well, as many of you know my entire family are car nuts, and my uncle has a 99 cobra, w/ the drivetrain from an 03 cobra, with the SRA, and KB etc. etc. Well last night we headed out to the biggest show of the year for arizona, The Cruise on Central, it's people cruising, music, thousands of people go. It reminds me of Cruisin OC MD, for you east coast guys, but its only for one night. Had an awesome night, toyin with friends, and smoking the tires in my car a bit. On the last cruise down the road, all H*ll let loose and we had to call a tow truck.

Here are some pictures of everything being pulled apart today by the mad scientist(s).

Hole in the Floor Board where parts of the pressure plate came through the floor.

It looks like the Pressure Plate grenaded and took out the bell housing of the T56, bent the input shaft, put some pieces up THROUGH the floor boards, wrapped the gas pedal all around, took out the exhaust, and the block is also broken in 3 places. To remove the tranny all we had to do was disconnect the drive shaft, and trans cross member, hope that helps put it in perspective. Blew the wiring harness to a disgusting mess, the motor will be coming out, and we will see what all is reusable.

Had a real fun night though up until than! But we'll be putting it back together better, stronger, faster, and cooler.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Holy damn...haha. Thats crazy! Major destruction!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Da** that sucks!! How much will it cost to get her back on the road....
Old 10-09-2011, 06:04 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Well from the looks of it, The internals of the trans are good, it bent the input shaft, but there are no grinds, etc. so new input shaft, bell housing, clutch, fly wheel, clutch cable, pedal assembly.

The shi**y part is that it took out 3 spots on the back of the block where the tranny bolts to it. Soo, we've got 2 of the 3 pieces that match up to it, but we will have to see if it can be welded, and repaired or if the block is complete junk. Rotating assembly is still good. We may have to swap it all into another block with new bearings, and rings.

It will also need a carpet kit, and it killed the BRAND NEW floor mats we put in it just hours before the cruise. New hardware, fly wheel, etc. We'll keep an itemized list and how much it costs us to get her back up and havin fun again.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

DAMN! That is some serious carnage. Good luck getting it all fixed up!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

At first, I looked at the trailer and I thought it was just to bring the car to the show. But that is crazy, so much damage right in there. Hopefully it gets up and running soon.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Damn that sucks man. Hope everything works out for you
Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Sounds like your lucky the driver/passenger were not seriously hurt
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Yes Jazzer, We are very happy no one was hurt, both the passenger, driver, and the people around. It was pretty scary driving next to it, and seeing the entire inside of the car light of like a top fuel car, knowing my uncle and aunt were in there, and to see it blow chunks all over.. It was extremely loud, we are happy everyone is ok. The few grand to fix it, and get some extra protection down there, is worth every penny.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

SOOOO glad no one got hurt, just placed my order for my SFI blowproof bellhousing after seeing that damage.

Quick Reply: Arizona Cruise on Central - Cobra Aftermath......