4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My new ricer

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

This makes me want a MK4 supra.

I love the Evos, STIs, and Supras
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
This makes me want a MK4 supra.
Bad @ss ride for sure.My favorite Japan made car.
They're so quick and have that look to kill

Pure sexxxxxyness
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
Bad @ss ride for sure.My favorite Japan made car.
They're so quick and have that look to kill

Pure sexxxxxyness
i am partial to the NSX. they ride so good and can outhandle almost anything made in America. the down side is a weak engine but you can always build it like a beast.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
MustangFTW

WOW you need to do some reading about the Corvette..No Offense!!
Its about the best quality you can get in a American made sports car.

Just a few ...Hand Built,Their own plant,It own shine in Bowling Greens,Tours of your car being built,caravans to Bowling Greens.

I would keep facts true before you get owned.
Some people are not bias to just the Mustang Unlike you seem to be.
Some people are "car" people and know a good car ,Corvette is one for decades in my eyes and so isnt the Mustang.
Both Legends
not even close by a long shot bud, heck look at the CTS-V.

if you havent seen the video i encourage you to watch it, he pushes in the body panel with one finger, if thats what you call quality I feel sorry for you.

bias toward mustangs? no, i rather like evos, and i wouldnt mind a Trueno either.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
not even close by a long shot bud, heck look at the CTS-V.

if you havent seen the video i encourage you to watch it, he pushes in the body panel with one finger, if thats what you call quality I feel sorry for you.

bias toward mustangs? no, i rather like evos, and i wouldnt mind a Trueno either.
you want quality anything under the GM badges since the late 60s has been lacking. they bought Holden so they wouldn't have to develope a new engine (the LS motors). they bought majority in Toyota in the late 80s for the same reason, andsince then Toyota's quality has been on the decline. GM is a sinking ship and a hundred billion plus from Congress isn't helping.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Its about the best quality you can get in a American made sports car.
This is true, with the problem being that in terms of refinement......American sports car standards are not up to par with any other supercar manufacturer. I wont complain about this as I prefer a raw approach to a performance vehicle but the fact remains true. It is about the best overall quality you will get in a north american sports car.

Though I would think maybe the new Caddy CTSs and CTS-Vs might rival a C6 Corvette in quality. I wouldnt know. Id buy a CTS-V over a Corvette in a heartbeat as long as I had a built Mustang to stomp scrubs in. But especially European sports car standards are simply much much higher. If thats what you want, go spend the $$$. Id rather drop it into mods and embarrass an Audi R8. I roll raced one of those with a fresh license tag on it(new owner/dealer) and pulled 2 cars by 100. Hope that price tag was worth it for him. I've still got another 6 PSI in my setup as it is as well as a 100% stock motor and this Audi supercar still cant keep up. The 2V 4.6L was engineered in the mid 1990s FFS.

Last edited by Hangwire; 11-04-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

America's supercars are the Saleen S7, Ford GT, and that's about it. I wouldn't consider a vette or viper as supercars honestly. Vettes interiors suck and their seats do too. Not a supercar mentality. That being said I'd own a grand sport vette. I think they are sexy.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
i am partial to the NSX. they ride so good and can outhandle almost anything made in America. the down side is a weak engine but you can always build it like a beast.
say what you want about the motors but the FD RX7's are where its at for me <3
Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
This is true, with the problem being that in terms of refinement......American sports car standards are not up to par with any other supercar manufacturer. I wont complain about this as I prefer a raw approach to a performance vehicle but the fact remains true. It is about the best overall quality you will get in a north american sports car.

Though I would think maybe the new Caddy CTSs and CTS-Vs might rival a C6 Corvette in quality. I wouldnt know. Id buy a CTS-V over a Corvette in a heartbeat as long as I had a built Mustang to stomp scrubs in. But especially European sports car standards are simply much much higher. If thats what you want, go spend the $$$. Id rather drop it into mods and embarrass an Audi R8. I roll raced one of those with a fresh license tag on it(new owner/dealer) and pulled 2 cars by 100. Hope that price tag was worth it for him. I've still got another 6 PSI in my setup as it is as well as a 100% stock motor and this Audi supercar still cant keep up. The 2V 4.6L was engineered in the mid 1990s FFS.
Audi R8 = Lambo Gallardo.

same exact car but the Audi is nicer.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:37 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by turbo232
Audi R8 = Lambo Gallardo.

same exact car but the Audi is nicer.
The superleggera is pretty awesome though, as well as the Balboni edition

Quick Reply: My new ricer