4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Brakes lock up when warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 PM
itszellers

Default Brakes lock up when warmed up

So I decided to do brakes on my car because when I bought it they were terrible. I did the brakes but somehow in the process messed up the master cylinder. Well before I could get the new master cylinder I had to move the car. Friend didn't want to help push it so I had to drive it about 20ft with the ebrake as my brake. I put it in reverse and I'm going a lot quicker than I thought I would and my ebrake is working a lot less well than I thought it would. I instinctively press the brake pedal and I lock it to the floor (really f'd up there). Turns out I locked the rod in the brake booster so I had to take that off and hammer the rod loose. Now it's the next day and I have a remanned master and the brakes feel fine. Well after about 10 minutes when the car is warmed up the brakes get tight and they start dragging. Honestly I don't know what it could be.. I've heard it could be a ****ty master cylinder or maybe a brake hose is twisted but I don't know where to go from here.