4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

taking advantage of black friday

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:50 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Crispy2000Gt
How did the install go for yall, any secrets I should know before tackling this task for the first time, I'm mainly worried about the mm cc plates
follow the instructions theyre very clear, you might need a buddy to help you hold one of the AC lines out of the way when you do the pass side plate but thats about it...

dont stand next to the car when you pop the front springs out, use the bumper as a "shield" and pry it out standing in front of the car...

a 2nd jack is helpfull doing the rear springs since removing the LCA makes the pinion want to rotate forwards...

and for gods sake, TAKE THE REAR SWAYBAR OFF AND PUT IT BACK ON WHEN YOURE DONE!!!!!

i cant tell you how many times people have called me asking why it wont work or why their car handles like a bag of poop afterwords...
Old 11-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

i guess we will see how it goes lol should have parts some time this week
Old 11-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Just make sure you have the jeck stands in good locations. I prefer to do it off of where the sube frames end. People tend to do it off of where the end of the side skirts mount underneath, but that tends to bend the thin sheet metal the car is made out of and pushes the side skirts out creating a gap making it look crappy. make sure also you have a jack under the front a arms and lower them slowly to allow the springs to easily decompress. You wont get them out with ease. Just press down on the a arm with your foot next to the ball joint and they should fall out or you can simply pull them out. Some people say this isnt good for your car, but it doesnt harm it. Ive done it to my car this way numerous times and has not hurt anything.
As far as the rear goes, make sure you unbolt the sway bar before dropping the arm. Also, dont just pull the bolt out without a jack under the arm. first off this would be very difficult and it is dangerous.

*****The most important thing is, when you are taking bolts out of things, do not stick your finger into the hole to push out the bolt. It you must push it out, use a punch or screwdriver to push it out. I remember someone posting on here about a year ago about how he got his finger cut off by doing this. Just be careful. I it takes longer to do it then the instructions say, dont worry about it. Theres no rush working on your car. You or others can get hurt or start to break stuff on your car if you rush.****
Old 11-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Explosive

I might order some UPR UCA's and LCA's
Old 11-26-2011, 08:48 AM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

Having a buddy there too just in case is always useful. I had my uncle when I was doing the work on my car. I think I needed a second hand when I pried the stock springs out.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Bigry18
2nd Gear Member

Damn crisp im jealous haha wish i had money to spend would def buy the mm plates but ill have to wait till friday and by then there going to be out rageous good luck with that bro i already bought the h and r springs as well def post some pics bro
Old 11-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bigry18
Damn crisp im jealous haha wish i had money to spend would def buy the mm plates but ill have to wait till friday and by then there going to be out rageous good luck with that bro i already bought the h and r springs as well def post some pics bro
haha will do Bigry18, and thanks for the advice everyone. ill start a new thread if i have any specific questions later this week.

hows the car commin Big?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:17 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
I might order some UPR UCA's and LCA's
bad idea... poly bushings
Old 11-26-2011, 09:01 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow
bad idea... poly bushings
Bad advice... you should check out their site and see what type of control arms they offer before making statements like that.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Bigry18
2nd Gear Member

Everythings good man just been spendin money on this bad boy bought those fr500's anthracites 315's in back huge and just bought them h&rs like i said and soon mm plates then def needing to fender rolling because of back tires but after that it will look sick.
Were you going to buy new rims? i think you made the stock ones look badass imo. But keep up the work brotha

Quick Reply: taking advantage of black friday