4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
View Poll Results: Which Do You Think Will Look The Best?
03-04 Cobra Spoiler
26.32%
Saleen S281 Spoiler
26.32%
Remove the Spoiler and Fill Holes
10.53%
Keep the Stock Spoiler
36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Decide What To Do

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Default Help Me Decide What To Do

I'm looking into doing something with my spoiler, but I can't decide what I should do. I have come up with 4 options on what I am going to do and I need your thoughts on it. Keep in mind I have the stock rear bumper with the tail lights, deck lid, ,lower valance, and the MUSTANG letters blacked out

Option 1: Aftermarket 03-04 Cobra Spoiler

Option 2: Aftermarket Saleen S281 Spoiler

Option 3: Remove Stock Spoiler and Plug the Holes

Option 4: Keep the Stock One

Last edited by Shredder505; 02-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

I'll probably be in the minority, but I voted to keep it. I know the urge is to do something different, but I've always liked that spoiler. I really don't care for the Terminator deck, and the Saleen is ok but something about it being so flat and sticking out so far, it doesn't really look right to me.

I think you are doing enough other visual mods to make the car stand out. It looks nice, and will continue to look nice even with the stock spoiler. My 2 cents...
Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Need to see the whole car, side profile/front bumper/hood setup/etc. I can make an opinion but if it clashes with the front of the car it'd look like poo.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
Need to see the whole car, side profile/front bumper/hood setup/etc. I can make an opinion but if it clashes with the front of the car it'd look like poo.
Right now, all the body panels are stock with the addition of the mach 1 chin spoiler and grille delete, but when summer comes round I am going to be doing a 03-04 cobra style hood from cervini's

[/URL]
Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

I say keep the stock spoiler. I know some people complain about it looking "rice" but I have seen a TBird SC that same color with a black spoiler and black side skirts and ground effects, along with black rims. Looked sick as hell man!! I suggest possibly painting (or vinyl-ing) the spoiler, side scoops, hood scoop, and since you have a black chin spoiler, possibly even the side skirts, although that may be pushing it. Then maybe black rims or powdercoat your current ones?? Oh and maybe a black gas cap cover. I dunno man, but I love that color combo!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Maybe I'm biased, but I really like the clean look of no spoiler.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Phaxtor
1st Gear Member

I've always been a fan of the stock spoiler's look... but to be fair I'm not really into changing much on the exterior... that might change though, who knows.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

take the spoiler off, take pictures, figure out if you like it, if not then put old spoiler back on .

If you must get a new spoiler, mold the termi spoiler.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

My 2 cents? Why do people keep calling that stock thing on the back a spoiler? It's not a spoiler. It's a wing. And wings belong on ricers. Not muscle cars (except for a very few old school classics). Muscle cars get spoilers. Like whats on the 03-04 Cobra. Want to keep a wing? Get a 4 foot tall carbon fiber one, the Steeda one, or the 2000 Cobra R one.

All scream ricer to me.

I agree with the one poster about the S281 looking flat and too long. Also agree with the other poster on the clean look of no wing. That was the original way I was going to go with mine.

I chose the 03-04 Cobra style spoiler. Hands down the best looking one. Just keep your GT emblems and the rear bumper. Not a big fan of clones hearing your are getting an 03-04 Cobra hood. Look into the 95 Cobra R Cowl hood. Freaking BADA$$. But that is just my opinion.

No matter what you finally choose, as long as you don't throw on 24 inch dubs, the 4 foot wing, and some duel fart can mufflers sticking 9 inches out the back, it will look cool.

Its a Mustang...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyGt03
My 2 cents? Why do people keep calling that stock thing on the back a spoiler? It's not a spoiler. It's a wing. And wings belong on ricers. Not muscle cars (except for a very few old school classics). Muscle cars get spoilers. Like whats on the 03-04 Cobra. Want to keep a wing? Get a 4 foot tall carbon fiber one, the Steeda one, or the 2000 Cobra R one.

All scream ricer to me.

I agree with the one poster about the S281 looking flat and too long. Also agree with the other poster on the clean look of no wing. That was the original way I was going to go with mine.

I chose the 03-04 Cobra style spoiler. Hands down the best looking one. Just keep your GT emblems and the rear bumper. Not a big fan of clones hearing your are getting an 03-04 Cobra hood. Look into the 95 Cobra R Cowl hood. Freaking BADA$$. But that is just my opinion.

No matter what you finally choose, as long as you don't throw on 24 inch dubs, the 4 foot wing, and some duel fart can mufflers sticking 9 inches out the back, it will look cool.

Its a Mustang...
maaann now what am I going to do with these 26" Asantis I got...

def agree with you on not making a fobra, its just not cool.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide What To Do