4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need to rant about Bama Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
If you want to have an aftermarket tune on both cars at the same time you'll need 2 tuners no matter what company you buy.
^^^ yeah, either way you cant tune both cars with the same tuner with out one being converted back to stock
Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Delta Force Special Forces let's you tune two vehicles at the same time (2 bullets), and has no restrictions on how many times you can change vehicles. You can also buy additional bullets to tune more than two vehicles at a time.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
^^^ yeah, either way you cant tune both cars with the same tuner with out one being converted back to stock
This I can understand^^^^
But to pay another 150 for some email tunes for another Mustang you own when you paid 379 already for their product (Tuner) with TFL.

AM & Bama Tuning can go pound sand if they want another 150!!!!! from me

Again yes their adds are misleading ,look at the add for when you bring up 3 tunes for 150.
150 add 3 tunes http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-custom-tune.html
FTFL add http://www.americanmuscle.com/free-sct-custom-tune.html

Looks the same if you ask me . How can someone say this is not misleading or false advertisement on their part?.

Wheres the AM rep on the forum to explain this above
Like to hear from them next PM or in this thread.

Thanks again MFers you sure helped ,I hate to slam on a vendor but were customers and spend good chunk of money supporting them.guess we have a right to be upset and rant.

Last edited by Repzard; 03-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
This I can understand^^^^
But to pay another 150 for some email tunes for another Mustang you own when you paid 379 already for their product (Tuner) with TFL....

Wheres the AM rep on the forum to explain this above
Like to hear from them next PM or in this thread

Thanks again MFers you sure helped, I hate to slam on a vendor but were customers and spend good chunk of money supporting them.guess we have a right to be upset and rant.

He was real quick to answer my questions about my future purchase. Within a couple hours every time I PM'd him. I'm not gonna boycott them just yet though. Will stay clear from BAMA, but they are still pretty good for the piddly stuff I buy.

Originally Posted by 02TrueBlueGT
If you buy the wheels and tires, it then takes 1-2 business days to get mounted and balanced and then would take a couple business days to get out to you.

That stinks you are going through that Rep. I'm sure if you talked to the right person they would be willing to help you out.
Ordered tires/wheels Sunday afternoon, Order accepted email received Monday, Shipped today (Wed 7th), expected delivery Monday 3/12/12 to Chicago. I guess not too bad since shipping didn't cost me a dime. And with each package weighing in at 57lbs, I still saved a ton.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Here's my response. Fast or Cheap-pick ONE.

Now, into the subject at hand. "Read the fine print".
"I" think Scott makes awesome products with ease of use.

As far as a tune ...nothing beats an on the spot dyno tune. And with that tune you're gonna need a hand held tuner ...just makes sense.

So, sell yours (u should get decent $$ out of it ) get a new tuner and head to a dyno.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by code3GT
Here's my response. Fast or Cheap-pick ONE.

Now, into the subject at hand. "Read the fine print".
"I" think Scott makes awesome products with ease of use.

As far as a tune ...nothing beats an on the spot dyno tune. And with that tune you're gonna need a hand held tuner ...just makes sense.

So, sell yours (u should get decent $$ out of it ) get a new tuner and head to a dyno.

Dooley noted. I have no shame in saying I am a penny pinching cheap ***.

And why should he sell the tuner he has? If he returns the one car back to stock, then marries the tuner to the Cobra, can't the "on the spot" dyno tuner guys just re-write over the old BAMA tunes? Please forgive my ignorance. I just don't know how all that works.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

"I" am unsure if that tuner he has for a 99-04 GT will transfer over to a 97 cobra? ?? Maybe someone else can clarify? ??
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by code3GT
"I" am unsure if that tuner he has for a 99-04 GT will transfer over to a 97 cobra? ?? Maybe someone else can clarify? ??
Yeah, didn't consider that.

However, lets say I buy an SCT from AM with the 3 BAMA tunes. If someday I would want to go get a real dyno tune, can BAMA's be erased and the dyno guys write their own on same tuner?

I got a cheesy SCT 4 bank eliminator chip with BAMA at the moment. But will probably buy a handheld someday. Just wondering...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
vintage5.0

american muscle is a big fat sales organization. they suck. if u have a problem, it is very hard to get any satisfaction or a refund.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Originally Posted by MyGt03
Yeah, didn't consider that.

However, lets say I buy an SCT from AM with the 3 BAMA tunes. If someday I would want to go get a real dyno tune, can BAMA's be erased and the dyno guys write their own on same tuner?

I got a cheesy SCT 4 bank eliminator chip with BAMA at the moment. But will probably buy a handheld someday. Just wondering...
Yes...your dyno person can overwrite your old tunes

Quick Reply: Need to rant about Bama Tuning