4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need to rant about Bama Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyGt03
Since we are on the topic of AM, I have only one complaint or question really. With my new wheels/tires, I was checking out the center caps. The caps that say GT, DOHC, 4.6, V8, etc are all 8 dollars each. The original style Tri-Bar Pony, the Cobra that snakes through the "R", the Cobra, and the SVT center caps are 50 bucks each. Why such a big price difference? These made out of gold or something?
More than likely that comes directly from Ford and that's FORD's asking price.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
AMChris Rose, does this mean that I should sell the SCT tuner with the car it is registered to?
Can the new owner upgrade tunes to the car?
Or does he have to pay another fee?
If the tuner is registered to the vin #, the tuner should sell with the car, right?

Then I have to buy another tuner for my next mustang.
Option 1 would be to return the Mustang that you're selling back to stock. You can hang onto the programmer and then use it on your next Mustang. If you were a member of our Free Tunes program, you will have to pay the $150 fee for us to re-enroll you in the program for your new Mustang. All updates would be free, until you go with a crazy mod that we don't support or sell the car.

Option 2 would be to let the programmer go with the Mustang when you sell it. The new owner wouldn't get free tune adjustments, but they could enroll into the program if they choose to modify the car and want to receive free updates from us.

With Option 2, when you buy your new programmer for your 2nd Mustang, it'll come with the Free Tunes program for as long as you own that Mustang!

Hope this helps!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyGt03
Since we are on the topic of AM, I have only one complaint or question really. With my new wheels/tires, I was checking out the center caps. The caps that say GT, DOHC, 4.6, V8, etc are all 8 dollars each. The original style Tri-Bar Pony, the Cobra that snakes through the "R", the Cobra, and the SVT center caps are 50 bucks each. Why such a big price difference? These made out of gold or something?
14 carat... only the best! LOL

Those are Ford Racing caps, and they're the ones who set the price-point on those. They cost us a lot more than the other caps you mentioned. We're always working with our vendors for better deals and trying to get you guys savings wherever possible! Hit us up for the forums discount code, which always saves you a few bucks!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

AM again shows its support for returning customers and MF Members. Can't wait for the AM Show again this summer!!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

I hope I can go this summer and there is also no rain. That actually ruined it the first week. Loved the show the first time though.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Those damn cobra r (red R with cobra slithering through) are big bucks. U r right...I paid like $45 per cap back in the day. Ouch. They definitely drew attention though
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by code3GT
Those damn cobra r (red R with cobra slithering through) are big bucks. U r right...I paid like $45 per cap back in the day. Ouch. They definitely drew attention though
Yeah, although I don't have a Cobra (oh how I wish), I was considering the "SVT" caps. I know my car/engine wasn't built by Ford's Special Vehicle Team, but I would like to think that the U.A.W. employees that built our Mustangs took extra care when building and they are a "special" group of workers. The quality shows in every Mustang built.

But for 50 bucks each tire, 200 for all corners, my stock Tri-Bar Pony's don't have a scratch on them and will work just fine. Maybe if they ever go on sale, like down to 10 bucks each, I will jump on them...lol
Old 03-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

It is very important to me to bump this thread and state that Chris Rose at American Muscle\Bama Tunning has been a pleasure to work with and cant Thank him enough for what he did to help me out with my tunes for Cobra.

As pay back to Chris and AM for their great service I will continue to deal with AM and also sent my friend to AM to buy his wheel package and cat back borla exhaust for his Mach1.(He order it the other day )$about $2,000 later

Also want to give a big Thanks to PurpleicedGT for letting me know about Chris Rose and the support he also has giving in the past.Purp I owe you a ICE

Also want to Thank the MFers who help me get by this misunderstanding agreed or not you guys\ladies are great help like always.

THANK YOU !!!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

We appreciate the update.

It's always nice to see people react in a positive manner when an issue presents itself with a company. Everyone makes mistakes, but the important part is how you handle it. We'll do everything in our power to help a customer out of a jam, because after all, we're customers too. That's right, all these parts we sell, we have to buy first. And when one of our customers has an issue, we go to our manufacturers to let them know they need to improve or find someone else to sell their junk.

We apply the same mentality to our Bama team and the tunes we send out. The most important thing to us is that in the end, a customer's tune/car are running the way they expected it to. We offer Street, Performance and Race tunes to satisfy a wide-variety of needs and free tunes for life to be able to tweak tunes if the standard tunes aren't ideal for you

The most important thing a company can do besides taking every possible precaution to prevent an issue, is to correct it in the event that prevention didn't work. If you don't fix the little issues and help people with the small things, they can snowball and turn into bigger problems down the road.

We're humbled that Derek was so patient and understanding and we can't thank him enough. Thanks again for taking the time to update us!

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns in the future. Take care!

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 03-21-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Need to rant about Bama Tuning