4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need to rant about Bama Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Good deal brah!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Repzard

Its pretty sad that Bama is so miss leading with their TFL program.
As some stated its should be related to the S/N on tuner not the car (some have more than 1 Mustang in their time).

Thanks cliffy K for posting their policy ,but its still very misleading.
It is what it is and if you read the policy which is clear as day you find that it is in fact NOT misleading.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
It is what it is and if you read the policy which is clear as day you find that it is in fact NOT misleading.
This here is pretty misleading(link below).But your right Lizzy.it is what it is.Just go somewhere else for Mustang related stuff.AM lost my business.
So now I just hurt them by not recommend them to my other Mustang friends.Money they lose out on All good

http://www.americanmuscle.com/free-sct-custom-tune.html
First line in Product Feature.

Bama Tune Files (Free Tunes for Life Members Only)

Product Features

Purchase not required with custom tuner purchase
THREE Bama Custom Tunes
See the real value of your mods!
Improve performance, mileage & more
Designed for 1988 to 2011 Ford Mustangs

Last edited by Repzard; 03-07-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

The appellation and statement Free Tunes for Life is quite misleading; as it implies and would be understood by any human being as meaning free tunes for the life of the human that purchased the tuning package--when in fact is does not mean free tunes for the life of anything...

It is notable that BAMA states clearly in good plain English (and much smaller type) that "Free Tunes for Life" does not actually mean that; that what it really means is: Free tunes for the original purchaser of the package, for as long as that purchaser owns the same vehicle as that tuned when the package was originally purchased...

I.e. at best it is "Free tunes" for the life of their user agreement...

Caveat Emptor...
Old 03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyGt03

Im not disappointed, but I ordered tires and wheels from AM Sunday afternoon. Received a confirmation email Monday saying my order was accepted. Was really hoping they would of shipped by Tuesday. Nothing yet. Status says "In warehouse". I only had my hopes up after reading all the reviews of people getting their wheels/tires within 2-3 days. Hope they go out tomorrow (Wed). I'm not ranting though, yet...lol I realize they are busy people and these things take time.
If you buy the wheels and tires, it then takes 1-2 business days to get mounted and balanced and then would take a couple business days to get out to you.

That stinks you are going through that Rep. I'm sure if you talked to the right person they would be willing to help you out.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
^^^what him say
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

If you have the SCT handheld still I'd get the SCT PRP software. Pretty much the same as the Sniper Force stuff but it'll be only $349 shipped for the software.

I have no complaints with it. Only thing that is better with the Sniper is you have two bullets. With the SCT stuff they'll charge you $150 to change vehicles.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for posting this, a SCT handheld was going to be my next purchase.
I own one mustang and am considering a second, I would have to buy a separate tuner for each one? That is ridiculous.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Rules are meant to be broken. Give em hell Rep
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
I own one mustang and am considering a second, I would have to buy a separate tuner for each one? That is ridiculous.
If you want to have an aftermarket tune on both cars at the same time you'll need 2 tuners no matter what company you buy.

Quick Reply: Need to rant about Bama Tuning