4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need to rant about Bama Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Amicable resolutions are key to prolonged customers and positive word of mouth.

Comcast could learn a thing or two from American Muscle. Those bastards have been no shows 3 times in a row for my cable not working since March 12th!!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
We appreciate the update.

It's always nice to see people react in a positive manner when an issue prevents itself with a company. Everyone makes mistakes, but the important part is how you handle it. We'll do everything in our power to help a customer out of a jam, because after all, we're customers too. That's right, all these parts we sell, we have to buy first. And when one of our customers has an issue, we go to our manufacturers to let them know they need to improve or find someone else to sell their junk.

We apply the same mentality to our Bama team and the tunes we send out. The most important thing to us is that in the end, a customer's tune/car are running the way they expected it to. We offer Street, Performance and Race tunes to satisfy a wide-variety of needs and free tunes for life to be able to tweak tunes, almost infinitely, if the standard tunes aren't your cup of tea.

The most important thing a company can do besides taking every possible precaution to prevent an issue, is to correct it in the event that prevention didn't work. If you don't fix the little issues and help people with the small things, they can snowball and turn into bigger problems down the road.

We're humbled that Derek was so patient and understanding and we can't thank him enough. Thanks again for taking the time to update us!

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns in the future. Take care!
Thank You again Chris
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
74nautique

BAMA makes it clear (and has made it clear for some time) on their Free Tunes for Life policy page that "...the original car tuned for device is eligible for the Free Tunes for Life program."

It's funny that the tuner is married to the car but if you sell the tuner with the car the free tunes don't transfer.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I don't think of it that way--they do need to eat and pay rent just like the rest of us...
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Vader99

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see $150 as being that big of a deal. It's not like you have to spend another $400 for a brand new unit, just pay the $150 and keep it. You're not going to find it much cheaper anywhere else.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Vader99

Nevermind, I didn't look at the date on the original post, doh!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Eh their tunes aren't that great anyway. My race tune is worse than the performance tune I have. Going to ditch them whenever I get most of my mods done and go to a real tuning company.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM
V8ORNOTHING
1st Gear Member

Heres my suggestion, put the stock tune back onto your 99' GT. Marry your tuner to your Cobra, then just learn to self tune your cobra. Ive got free tunes for life also but im good cause im staying with my 2000 GT for life. With that being said just teach yourself what to adjust on your tuner according to your modifications and needs. Its really simple once you find out how to utilize the tuner. DO NOT ADJUST ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE A REAL UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOUR DOING. Bama cant tune me bc i run a dry nitrous system and they only tune wet kits. So i call my mechanic and bama and ask em questions about timing, fuel and ect. Like installing boltons and other work to your stang you can teach yourself. My self tuning and numbers speak for themself.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
V8ORNOTHING
1st Gear Member

Heres my suggestion, put the stock tune back onto your 99' GT. Marry your tuner to your Cobra, then just learn to self tune your cobra. Ive got free tunes for life also but im good cause im staying with my 2000 GT for life. With that being said just teach yourself what to adjust on your tuner according to your modifications and needs. Its really simple once you find out how to utilize the tuner. DO NOT ADJUST ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE A REAL UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOUR DOING. Bama cant tune me bc i run a dry nitrous system and they only tune wet kits. So i call my mechanic and bama and ask em questions about timing, fuel and ect. Like installing boltons and other work to your stang you can teach yourself. My self tuning and numbers speak for themself.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 74nautique
BAMA makes it clear (and has made it clear for some time) on their Free Tunes for Life policy page that "...the original car tuned for device is eligible for the Free Tunes for Life program."

It's funny that the tuner is married to the car but if you sell the tuner with the car the free tunes don't transfer.

Quick Reply: Need to rant about Bama Tuning