4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need to rant about Bama Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Default Need to rant about Bama Tuning

I got a SCT tuner with life time tunes as a gift.
When I got the tuner it has been married to my 99 Mustang GT.
Well now that I have the 97 Cobra I figured I would use the tuner on my 97 Cobra.

Here is my rant

I figure where this tuner cost $379 at AM with life time tunes it was a nice gift.
Well now I may sell my 99 GT this spring and wasnt including the tuner.(unmarring and returning GT to stock tune) so I could use on Cobra considering it will work.

So I called up Bama tuning today to get some tunes made for Cobra.They tell me it will cost $150 for tunes.
I was like WTF !!!!!!$150 wheres my free life time tunes I ask?
He tells me its married to GT.The rant I have is why the F*** is you OWN 2 cars(Mustangs it works on) and decide to sell one your tuner should be married to OWNER not car.

For $379 to this is a scam and to pay them another $150 is even more of a rip off.
Sorry but I lost respect for SCT and Bama tuning and needed to rant.
So now Im stuck with crappy can tunes for Cobra until it get dyno tuned.

Anyone have this problem?
Just feel ripped off of almost $400 .

Between the tuner cost and their $150 sudden fee thats a pro tune .

Last edited by Repzard; 03-06-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that freaking blows. Not the fault of SCT though. They just make the tuner. One would think that for 400 bucks, once you buy the tuner, it's yours. Why would they expect you to HAVE to sell it with the car? Whats the difference? If they would re-write a brand new tune for your GT for free, like it would be so hard to write one for the Cobra. Makes no sense. Just a way to try to Jew another buck fifty out of you. Why not just make it so when you marry it to a car, it can never be unmarried. Just force one to have to spend another 400...

Im not disappointed, but I ordered tires and wheels from AM Sunday afternoon. Received a confirmation email Monday saying my order was accepted. Was really hoping they would of shipped by Tuesday. Nothing yet. Status says "In warehouse". I only had my hopes up after reading all the reviews of people getting their wheels/tires within 2-3 days. Hope they go out tomorrow (Wed). I'm not ranting though, yet...lol I realize they are busy people and these things take time.

As for you, try to look at this as a positive. Go get that dyno tune. I hear its better anyway.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by MyGt03
Not the fault of SCT though. They just make the tuner.
That's incorrect
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

American Muscle has great customer service. They're distribution center is awesome. I've toured it. They take a major hit on the free shipping thing, but it's part of the customer service thing.... but the whole SCT tuner thing and Bama tuning thing seems like they're asking for trouble. The SCT tuner ends up being like "linked" to your car. It's tagged to your cars VIN or something so it doesn't like work with other cars. So when you pay for unlimited tunes, I guess that's for just one individual mustang. So like if you buy a tuner and a CAI, you can get a tune for it. Then when you buy an exhaust for the car, you can get another tune. Then when you buy a _______, you can get another tune and so on... But if you want to tune a different car, you have to I guess pay that $150. That's where they get ya...

Edit: Wow, just re-read that and I should like a teenage girl with all my "like"s and "thing"s. Sorry

Last edited by tdcalhoun89; 03-06-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Sucks bro.... Sorry.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
American Muscle has great customer service. They're distribution center is awesome. I've toured it.....

Edit: Wow, just re-read that and I should like a teenage girl with all my "like"s and "thing"s. Sorry
LMAO... Like, I do that all the time, totally...lol

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
That's incorrect
I didn't know for sure. BAMA makes the SCT Tuners also? Please explain why I am incorrect. I'm not saying I was right, just curious on how I am wrong. I just assumed SCT made the tuner, BAMA writes the tunes that download to it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
I got a SCT tuner with life time tunes as a gift.
When I got the tuner it has been married to my 99 Mustang GT.
Well now that I have the 97 Cobra I figured I would use the tuner on my 97 Cobra.

Here is my rant

I figure where this tuner cost $379 at AM with life time tunes it was a nice gift.
Well now I may sell my 99 GT this spring and wasnt including the tuner.(unmarring and returning GT to stock tune) so I could use on Cobra considering it will work.

So I called up Bama tuning today to get some tunes made for Cobra.They tell me it will cost $150 for tunes.
I was like WTF !!!!!!$150 wheres my free life time tunes I ask?
He tells me its married to GT.The rant I have is why the F*** is you OWN 2 cars(Mustangs it works on) and decide to sell one your tuner should be married to OWNER not car.

For $379 to this is a scam and to pay them another $150 is even more of a rip off.
Sorry but I lost respect for SCT and Bama tuning and needed to rant.
So now Im stuck with crappy can tunes for Cobra until it get dyno tuned.

Anyone have this problem?
Just feel ripped off of almost $400 .

Between the tuner cost and their $150 sudden fee thats a pro tune .
Well if you're sick of BAMA tunes then I must introduce you to http://www.deltaforcetuning.com/category-s/1.htm
I've been doing my tunings with the sniper for a while now and I haven't really hand any issues with their product.

Note: Here's the forums if you get trouble with anything.
snipertuningforums.com
Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
That's incorrect
how is he incorrect sct has no fault in this

i lost alot of respect for American muscle after they bought out bama tunes, they seem to have so many regulations on them like if you were to purchase something used or from someone else they will not incorporate that into the tune for you. now this is hear say from a couple people i dont have first hand experience with them and would never buy a bama tune because all it is is a canned tune with minor tweaking so they can say it is custom
Old 03-06-2012, 11:40 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

fawk mail tunes..... get ya shyt on the dyno and ger errrr tuned the RIGHT way!

atleast it was a gift....
Old 03-07-2012, 01:19 AM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

You should give Amazon Tuning a visit. Rick has had over 30 year experience and takes his time when configuring tunes. He'll even come to you and tune it at a local dyno shop.
www.amazonracing.com

Quick Reply: Need to rant about Bama Tuning