4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Pics of Mustang with Eibach Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
supermario
2nd Gear Member

Default Pics of Mustang with Eibach Pro Kit

Anybody have a picture of their stang with the Eibach Pro Kit springs?
Im leaning towards getting these over the H&R SS becus the ride height is supposedly a lil higher than the SS.

Im assuming if I get the pro kit and it lowers the car approx 1.5" I wont need to buy CC's?

Another question, do the isos add height to your ride if installed?
If i did go with H&R SS and use new isos, do you think that would give me 1.5-1.7" and not the typical 2" drop that everybody gets and then needs CC plates?

Thanks and any info would be appreciated.

By the way, I know I should just do it the right way but I will be lucky I can just save buy the springs for now. I will be upgrading the shocks/struts in months to come. Right now i have the stock shocks/struts.

Last edited by supermario; 03-13-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

There are some pictures here.

Not sure if I picked the right kit for ya, but you ma find others on the same website.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 AM
supersnake67
2nd Gear Member

Your car already has isolators on top and bottom of the stock springs. I believe that the drop is taken into account with the iso's still on the car. Unless your stock iso's are really worn out , new iso's won't raise the car much over the advertised drop. In my opinion I went with vogtland 1.6" front and rear drop with no iso's and I feel there is still room for improvement . If you want a nice stance I would do a 2" drop.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

heres some pictures of my car, i think in the future im going to switch to h&r ss's. i wish it a lower drop
Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 AM
brotus

Heres a pic of my cobra with eibach pro kit springs. I wish it was lower in the rear. I'll probably end up switching to the H&R race springs in the future.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

just save yourself the aggravation and buy H&R SS springs off the bat...

one of my front eibach springs broke btw...
Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Eibach prokit isn't low enough for me! I need ss springs.

Doug needs to get in here and post a pic of his skateboard.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
supermario
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys! Your cars are pretty nice rides but I do think the gap is not that far from the stock height. I think I will go with SS then. Thanks for the pics.

On a side note, what size tires/wheels your guys have on front and back? Obviously staggered but curious what exact sizes. I love the look. Your front rims are regular and the rear rims are deep dish right? I was just going to keep them stock so I can rotate the tires and not worry about different size tires on my long road trips but it looks badarse with the deep dish and wider wheel out back.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

I don't have a pic of my car, but the wheel gap is definitely not stock by a long shot. Is it slammed? No. I didn't want it slammed because I drive my car everyday and didn't want to bottom out on everything...it's all about what you want and what you're using the car for. It's a nice streetable drop that will just clear parking stones with a Mach 1 lip and not bottomw out super easy. I have my ISO's in BTW. I "wish" it was lower, but overall I'm very happy with the drop, looks nice, but it's not too much. Oh and the Eibachs ride smoother too.

I am on the edge of needing CC plates. I have my alignment justttt out of spec, but that's ok, it helps the steering response. Point is, if you get anything but the Eibachs, factor in the cost of the CC plates too... if I pulled my ISO's I'd think about getting the CC plates. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
brotus

Here's my staggered setup: Nitto NT555 275-40-17 Front and Nitto NT01 315-35-17 Rear

Quick Reply: Pics of Mustang with Eibach Pro Kit