4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Springtime pics of the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Bigry18
2nd Gear Member

http://www.mooneyesusa.com/shop/prod...oducts_id=1168

Are these the same ones grey? And what kind of fab work does it require do you know? thanks man
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Wow man she looks good!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:02 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks soldier, your car looks amazing as well....I always thaught it had a killer look to it.

Bigry, these are the caps http://www.mooneyesusa.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=157 the ones that I have are the AA533. Its the 2 1/2" cone. There are two ways of doing it. The cheap and more prone to getting stolen way is to drill a hole through your existing center cap, and run a bolt through the stock center cap, and into the moon cap. But with this method, sombody can just grab the cone and pull the entire center cap out, or it can come flying out if you hit a bump and do some damage. The other way, which is the way I did it, is to make 4 retainer plates, one for each wheel. I made mine out of 1/8" plate steel. I made them round to where they just fit into the wheel hub from behind. Then drill a hole in the middle of the plates, I dont remember off hand what size, mabye around a 3/16" hole. There is a lip machined into the hub where the stock center cap snaps into. The plates that you make should rest on that lip when you push them in from the backside. the moon cap will sit on the other side of that lip from the front side, in turn capturing that lip that machined into the wheel between the center cap and retainer plate. Then from the backside, I ran a screw with a washer through the retainer plate, and into the threaded bung thats in the back of the moon cap. I put some locktite on it to be safe. With this method, your wheels have to come off to get the center caps off, so there is no fear of them getting stolen or them flying off...hope this helps...
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

The 01 cobra bumper and the 18s look amazing. Great looking cars!!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

and op where did you get your headlights? How long have you had them? And are they pelling or getting water inside?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
and op where did you get your headlights? How long have you had them? And are they pelling or getting water inside?
I got those headlights a long time ago, probably 5 or 6 years ago. I believe that I got them from American Muscle. I resealed them as soon as I opened them and I havent had any issues with condensation. They are starting to show there age however, they are starting to peel, and all the sandblasting from road debris is starting to show up. If I really give them a good waxing they look better, but Id like to get another set, but Im having a hard time finding this particular style anymore. All I can really find with the clear reflectors are the tinted headlights, and I really dont wanna go that route...
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03greyGT
I got those headlights a long time ago, probably 5 or 6 years ago. I believe that I got them from American Muscle. I resealed them as soon as I opened them and I havent had any issues with condensation. They are starting to show there age however, they are starting to peel, and all the sandblasting from road debris is starting to show up. If I really give them a good waxing they look better, but Id like to get another set, but Im having a hard time finding this particular style anymore. All I can really find with the clear reflectors are the tinted headlights, and I really dont wanna go that route...
This is the problem i am having, i want the headlights you have.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:14 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Love the wingless DSG!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:08 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Car looks awesome my man. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Some Chrome Bullet lug nuts would compliment them center caps nicely.

Quick Reply: Springtime pics of the car