4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Springtime pics of the car

Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Springtime pics of the car

well, this past winter, I took my car over to a friends house to spend the winter there, while I brought his car over to my house (96 Tangerine GT vert.) to give it a freshening up. I finished the car a couple weeks ago, so this past weekend we switched back. So after my car sitting all winter, I decided to give it a good clay and wax. The light was great for taking pics, so I figured Id snap a few....so here they are:

Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Lookin good!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Heres a few pics of my buddies car that I worked on. Its a 96 GT auto. Its from Florida, and its one of the cleanest older Mustangs that Ive ever seen. The problem with this one is that it was leaking every fluid in the car, fuel tank, rear end, brakes, oil, P/S fluid, radiator, HUGE trans leak. So I removed the entire drivetrain and started by wiping the entire underneath of the car down with simple green, as well as the engine bay. Then I freshened up the motor and painted it, added PI cams and intake, timing adjuster, and t.b. and plenum. Resealed and painted the rear axle, resealed and cleaned up the trans. Then we added tubular K member and A arms, coilovers, rear upper and lower control arms, cobra brakes, new wheels, steeda wing, Terminator seats, and some other stuff. Heres the car, sorry that the pics BLOW:

when he first got it

how it is now

Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

That's funny cuz I just did that today as well, but I got a new toy to play with. Looking good!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 PM
04Machsy

Looks very good
Old 03-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Bigry18
2nd Gear Member

Looks awesome awesome man, love those center caps what kind are they?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Very nice! Only thing I dont like is those chrome tailights
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bpohlman13
Very nice! Only thing I dont like is those chrome tailights
^this^ other than that looking good.

@OP wheres your cat back? see no tail pipes on the gray pony
Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
That's funny cuz I just did that today as well, but I got a new toy to play with. Looking good!
03greyGT: +1 on them center caps. Where did you score them. PLEASE!!! Absolutely bad a$$. Car looks freaking awesome bro. Love the cowl hood. 2003? Different side scoops? No GT badges on fenders? You running dump exhaust? Just wondering.

crash: I've been looking for you. I posted a thread a while ago wondering about the deep dish front wheels. What size and all. It was your sig pic I had stuck in my head and couldn't remember your name to use as a reference. I searched random threads for an hour looking for your sig pic. I knew I'd find you sooner or later. If you don't mind me asking, what size wheel/tire you have on the front of your car? I recently bought the deep dish 10.5 rear and looking for fronts to match. Thanks...
Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by MyGt03
03greyGT: +1 on them center caps. Where did you score them. PLEASE!!! Absolutely bad a$$. Car looks freaking awesome bro. Love the cowl hood. 2003? Different side scoops? No GT badges on fenders? You running dump exhaust? Just wondering.

crash: I've been looking for you. I posted a thread a while ago wondering about the deep dish front wheels. What size and all. It was your sig pic I had stuck in my head and couldn't remember your name to use as a reference. I searched random threads for an hour looking for your sig pic. I knew I'd find you sooner or later. If you don't mind me asking, what size wheel/tire you have on the front of your car? I recently bought the deep dish 10.5 rear and looking for fronts to match. Thanks...
Lol orly? jk, so as of now, I have 18x9 and 18x10 dd bullitts. I didn't know they were dd in the fronts until I opened that box. At first I wasn't too happy, but they grew on me. At first, I wrapped the wheels with 265/35/18 Sumitomo's. I don't remember what model they were. Then I went to 255/35/18 with bridgestone potenza's. Loved those tires but I ran through them quickly. They were really a soft compound. ATM i have some ****ty hercules tires, 245/40/18. I needed a tire in an emergency situation, they really don't look good but they get the job done. My next tire will be the bfg kdw 2's. a 265/35/18 tire should be more than sufficient, I just have 245's because they are a cheaper tire. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Go ahead and peek at your DD wheel thread

Last edited by crash; 03-22-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Springtime pics of the car