4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

2000 mustang GT

Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
00Mustang_GT

Default 2000 mustang GT

About to have my mustang paid off and want to start building a powerful car, maybe not race track crazy but pretty nice to show off around town and make some heads turn. Was looking for some opinions as to where to start on a stock mustang. Got a CAI for a Christmas present and I'm about to upgrade the stock coil packs/spark plugs and the radiator, found a crack in it today so it's a must. Other than that I don't really know which direction to head in. Also if anyone knows of any good shops in Oklahoma near the Oklahoma city area that would be great. So if anyone has some good comments or tips I'd really appreciate it thanks everyone!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

A new rear gear and a cat back exhaust would be at the top of my list (with the exception of anything that needs repair now).
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 00Mustang_GT
About to have my mustang paid off and want to start building a powerful car, maybe not race track crazy but pretty nice to show off around town and make some heads turn. Was looking for some opinions as to where to start on a stock mustang. Got a CAI for a Christmas present and I'm about to upgrade the stock coil packs/spark plugs and the radiator, found a crack in it today so it's a must. Other than that I don't really know which direction to head in. Also if anyone knows of any good shops in Oklahoma near the Oklahoma city area that would be great. So if anyone has some good comments or tips I'd really appreciate it thanks everyone!
Do u plan on forced induction or n/a (all motor).

If forced induction you can build your car low compression with a 3:73 gear or something.

Or if you want to go n/a I would highly reccomend 4:10 gears (horrible for forced induction) and build high compression with some nitrous. It depends which way you want to go. How much hp are you looking to get. Set your mind on a hp number you want to meet and how do u want to meet it with a power adder or no?
Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Add a nice short throw shifter.Stock shifter sux.
Also if its still looking like a 4x4 lower it 1.5 front & 1.0 rear.
Tint tint tint

have any pics?if so post 1 , we can help much better with ideas
my2

Last edited by Repzard; 03-24-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I start with exhaust and gears, gotta capture that mustang sound.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 AM
jsmarsh25
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the gears man. makes these pony's feel like a whole different animal.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 PM
00Mustang_GT

I was definitely looking to add a procharger, turbo is a little out of my price range haha. So I know I'm looking at some motor work whether it be buying a new block and building it outside of the car or eventually yanking mine out. I would love to see the 500hp range in the future but I've read a few posts in magazines about some mustang owners reaching the 420 mark on the stock engine but having to do major mods to go further. I got my stang painted so I'll post a before and after.

Before

After

Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 PM
supermario
2nd Gear Member

Nice pics. I have a white Expedition that I want to paint black but I was scared it would be too much work becus the whole body inside and out is painted white right? Did you paint under hood and firewall area too? They sure look nice black though!!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
00Mustang_GT

Door jams, trunk lid, hood everything got painted i got the homie hook up lol only set me back 1500$
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EddyG
Do u plan on forced induction or n/a (all motor).

If forced induction you can build your car low compression with a 3:73 gear or something.

Or if you want to go n/a I would highly reccomend 4:10 gears (horrible for forced induction) and build high compression with some nitrous. It depends which way you want to go. How much hp are you looking to get. Set your mind on a hp number you want to meet and how do u want to meet it with a power adder or no?
i whole heartedly disagree with this, i love my vortech with 4.10s, more people prefer 3.73's but i wouldnt say that 4.10s are horrible for f/i. turbos are a completely different story tho

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 mustang GT