Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
thricepudding

Vehicle: 1997 pontiac bonneville

yeah I have been searchin around a lot and it seems like it'd be awesome to get a Mach 1. I think it is kinda going to depend on how much money I have saved come next spring. I won't be able to wait any longer than that lol and I do want at least under 60k mileage.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
thricepudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1998 Mustang GT

I think you'd be happier with a 4v car as in Mach 1/Cobra.As the other guys have said try to find one that is stock.GL with your search.
jeh4269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #23
badlx87
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang gt
Casey Richard Wilson

If your worried about insurance. Dont get the mach 1, it more than a gt. Im 21, married, and only one speeding ticket and the insurance for me through progressive was roughly $50 more per month. That being said, if i knew then what i know now... i would have done research like these guys are telling you. I would not have bought my 02 gt that i royaly got screwed on. I would have save money up... and i would have got a mach 1 lol.
badlx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 DSG Mach 1 10k Miles
Luke Wooldridge XxESCxXLUKE1333

bought my 02 gt vert in may of 2011. off a retired older lady. 35k miles, bone stock, still factory tires and paid $11,400 for the car. im sure somebody thinks its a waste of money to buy a bone stock 2v, automatic, vert but go find me another one that was never driven in salt, garage kept, laser red looking this good...etc etc

a few photos. inside and out was mint except front bumper had license plate holes but had it repainted shortly after i bought it!

Click the image to open in full size.

luke1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #25
Ron505
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT Convertible

I may have mine up for sale soon. Let me know if you'd like to talk $$$.

'02 GT Vert
61k miles
5 speed
Eibach prokit (lowered)
MAC catback exhaust
MAC cold air intake
Mach 1 Grille Delete Kit and chin Spoiler
14" Antenna
New headlights
Has been adult owned (3 owners, 54year old, 38yo and myself 43yo) and meticulously maintained.

Last edited by Ron505; 04-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Ron505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #26
jayglaze

Vehicle: 2004 ford mustang gt

I've had my 04 for a year and a half paid 9k for with 58k miles my insurance is something like 170-190 a month through geico full coverage. It's a 2v but it can feel scary fast if your not accustomed for the power. She still puts a smile on my face when I open the garage
jayglaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT

I happen to like my two valve damm**,lol!The weakest part of the 99-04 has to be the shortblock. I found that out the hard way.. Twice!

Vortech V-1 T Trim SC (intercooled)
HP 292 cams
Teksid SB bored .030 over (forged)
433 RWHP/390 RWTQ
Soldier GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #28
nick02stanggt
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang Gt

[QUOTE=luke1333;7912760]bought my 02 gt vert in may of 2011. off a retired older lady. 35k miles, bone stock, still factory tires and paid $11,400 for the car. im sure somebody thinks its a waste of money to buy a bone stock 2v, automatic, vert but go find me another one that was never driven in salt, garage kept, laser red looking this good...etc etc

sounds like mine an 02 gt automatic all stock with original tires i bought last summer with 12k miles on it original owner no salt no snow and very little rain for $10,000

your stang is beautiful love the red
nick02stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #29
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 GT, 1965 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGt03 View Post

Just keep looking, test driving, and ALWAYS request a CARFAX report. This will insure a wreck free vehicle, tell of how many owners, and the ride quality will show how it was treated.
It does not always assure you got a wreck free vehicle. Carfaxs are only good for what is reported to them.

My car was a single owner when I got it and it was badly side swiped all down the drivers side front to back and it was never on the CARFAX. It never got reported the CARFAX. It only had reports for a few years on it's maintenance.
Lynn

'99 GT automatic
CDC Shaker scoop, K&N Filter
MAC cat back
Max Speed 1 ˝” Lowering springs
KYB GR2 shocks and struts
Cobra front brakes

'65 Mustang coupe in progress
http://mustangforums.com/forum/class...s-of-pics.html
LynnBob Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #30
badlx87
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang gt
Casey Richard Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnBob Mustang View Post
It does not always assure you got a wreck free vehicle. Carfaxs are only good for what is reported to them.

My car was a single owner when I got it and it was badly side swiped all down the drivers side front to back and it was never on the CARFAX. It never got reported the CARFAX. It only had reports for a few years on it's maintenance.
Lynn
Mine was t-boned in the entire right rear quarter... its now full of bondo. Has a perfectly clean carfax though! Lol
badlx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
0509, 1993, 2002, 2012, 32, black, buy, cheapest, convertible, forum, gt, gts, mustang, sparks, upgrades