4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Making My Mustang Look Badass

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Welcome, and good luck with the stereo install.. I just ripped everything out that Ford had installed for the mach 460 and soldered everything else in. Look into a metra harness if you don't wanna do all that though.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:22 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by kj4kym
This might kinda give you an idea
Your car looks good.

THUNDER VALLEY!!! Sweet. I've been flown in by corp sponsors in NASCAR to watch the race (otherside of the stripe) & did a RP exp around the fastest 1/2 mi track. Haven't been able to get out on the strip there yet. How was it?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stevednmc
Yep, And youtube will be a good resource for you. There are TONS of exhaust options out there for these cars. Listen to sound clips on you tube of different combinations on there and find one you like. Literally the world is your oyster here. FYI: I have a magnaflow catted X pipe with borla stinger catbacks. Idle isnt that loud but give it some throttle.....itll shake pictures off my neighbors wall...
I have the Magnaflow O/R X and Borla Stingers. A very good sounding exhaust set up. You can keep it on the quiet side if you pu$$y foot it, but give it some of your right boot, and it will wake the freaking dead.

But if you want REALLY loud, an O/R X and some LM1's. I personally don't care for the sound of the LM1, but it pretty loud. Although, never heard a throaty V8 that didn't sound amazing. Its a V8. Youtube is a good starting point. AmericanMuscle.com even has exhaust clips. Check'em out...
Old 03-30-2012, 02:17 PM
kj4kym
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
Your car looks good.

THUNDER VALLEY!!! Sweet. I've been flown in by corp sponsors in NASCAR to watch the race (otherside of the stripe) & did a RP exp around the fastest 1/2 mi track. Haven't been able to get out on the strip there yet. How was it?
the track is amazing I've yet to run the mustang yet. Street fights season opener is tomorrow I'm so excited. But first I gotta get this stage one clutch put it... oh and I bought some 4.10's and as for the picture I just kinda snuck in while the gates were open and snapped a few pics... anyways sorry for thread jacking
Old 04-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Mr.GT215

thanks for all the suggestions everybody !
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

Mach Grill delete, Chin Spoiler, Shorty Antenna and if you got nice roads lower the biddy then get staggered rims. ;]
Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Cobrah Badges

ask KugzGT he'll help you out on that.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Ron505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangKid018
Mach Grill delete, Chin Spoiler, Shorty Antenna and if you got nice roads lower the biddy then get staggered rims. ;]
^^^This is exactly what I've done since I got mine, minus the staggered set up, which will be in the next 3 weeks, and plus I put new headlights in.

Last edited by Ron505; 04-04-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
supermario
2nd Gear Member

If your worried about gas mpg, you can still add exhaust, underdrive pullies and a tune. From what i understand, those would only increase your mpg's.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 PM
ARicci6792
1st Gear Member

Honestly, everyone is gonna tell you almost the same thing look-wise as far as grilles, chin spoilers etc go. It's your car so do what you think looks right, but grille deletes, Mach 1 chin spoiler look badass and definitely make the car stand out some more.

Personally I'd do said mods above, throw some tint on it, tinted lights etc and wheels. I'm from Philly also so I can reccomend some good tint places in the area if you wanted.

Also, I'd say do looks first...because I did performance first and still can't stop modding whenever i get a few extra bucks and now can't afford to do anything else look wise lmao.

Welcome to the forum btw!

Quick Reply: Making My Mustang Look Badass