MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Making My Mustang Look Badass (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/668066-making-my-mustang-look-badass.html)

Mr.GT215 03-27-2012 08:37 AM

Making My Mustang Look Badass

hey everybody whats up, im new to the forum. I just bought a 04 Mustang GT Convertible yesterday, this is my first GT so obviously I cant say enough about it. Since gas prices are crazy as hell right now i figured i should work on the visuals and get the car summer ready. Im thinking about buying projector headlights from american muscle and also deck lid panels. does anyone already have these on there mustang??

Pics will be up soon! 04 Dark Red GT :icon_pala:

Moonshine 03-27-2012 08:39 AM

Staggered wheels. Lowering springs. "light bar". Mach 1 grille delete. Chin spoiler. Sex

Shampue 03-27-2012 08:43 AM

Is it a manual? Cliffyk makes Pool-ball shifter knobs that look pretty sweet.
White faced gauges would be a nice touch and sequential tail lights

spivey3 03-27-2012 08:48 AM

I started with the easy stuff. Replaced the headlights, Mach 1 grill delete, and chin spoiler. Made a huge difference.

PurpleIcedGT 03-27-2012 09:25 AM

Cobrah Badges

ask KugzGT he'll help you out on that.

Shampue 03-27-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT (Post 7889348)
Cobrah Badges

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bigry18 03-27-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.GT215 (Post 7889304)
hey everybody whats up, im new to the forum. I just bought a 04 Mustang GT Convertible yesterday, this is my first GT so obviously I cant say enough about it. Since gas prices are crazy as hell right now i figured i should work on the visuals and get the car summer ready. Im thinking about buying projector headlights from american muscle and also deck lid panels. does anyone already have these on there mustang??

Pics will be up soon! 04 Dark Red GT :icon_pala:

Welcome to the forums! I personally dont like projecters but thats my opinion. And i would go with some plasti dip instead of wasting 50$ on some sticky like i did. The stuff does wonders imo.

Bpohlman13 03-27-2012 11:56 AM

Lower it!!! Do it...

MyGt03 03-27-2012 12:59 PM

Ditch the factory 9 foot tall antenna. They look so goofy on these cars. Go with a 14 inch or an 8 inch. That little touch makes a world of difference.

Definitely lower it. C-Springs are a good option. Lower but not slammed. Go to low (more than 1.5in) and you will need CC plates.

Staggered look with either 10.5's and 315's, or if funds are limited, hubcentric wheel spacers. The 35mm give a mean look.

Chin spoiler, Mach 1 delete, lower rear valance decal, 15% tint all around, and a nice O/R or catted mid-pipe with a good C/B for the ear sex factor.

speedkills 03-27-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyGt03 (Post 7889606)
Ditch the factory 9 foot tall antenna. They look so goofy on these cars. Go with a 14 inch or an 8 inch. That little touch makes a world of difference.

Definitely lower it. C-Springs are a good option. Lower but not slammed. Go to low (more than 1.5in) and you will need CC plates.

Staggered look with either 10.5's and 315's, or if funds are limited, hubcentric wheel spacers. The 35mm give a mean look.

Chin spoiler, Mach 1 delete, lower rear valance decal, 15% tint all around, and a nice O/R or catted mid-pipe with a good C/B for the ear sex factor.

lol @ ear sex factor

Anyways lowering springs, wheels, tint, then win.

Ron505 03-27-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spivey3 (Post 7889312)
I started with the easy stuff. Replaced the headlights, Mach 1 grill delete, and chin spoiler. Made a huge difference.

^^^This is where I started as well.

MCxQubed 03-27-2012 03:17 PM

to make your car amazing (as stated before) lower it, staggered wheels, mach 1 chin spoiler, mach 1 grill delete, shorty antena, and if you would want tint

edit: forgot it was convertible so light bar too!!!

mustangmancp 03-27-2012 03:42 PM

Shorty antenna, Light bar, smoked headlights, lowering springs, Grill delete!

SEXY! Im just missing the grill delete

Moonshine 03-27-2012 03:59 PM

And the wheels.

teehee

Jay-rod427 03-27-2012 04:28 PM

On the shorty antennea you know you don't have to buy one right???? Free mod just pull the ball off cut it down grind back a bevel on the end and push the ball back on!!!

tdcalhoun89 03-27-2012 05:24 PM

Please don't do those ricey projectors American Muscle has. If you want HIDs, retrofit some projectors into the stock housing. Please.

I'd do coil-overs, a chin spoiler, grill delete, wide wheels and fat tires, get some tint, and call it a day for appearance mods. Maybe a rear spoiler delete or a '03/'04 cobra spoiler.

Mr.GT215 03-28-2012 06:30 PM

NIce Nice thanks for all the tips! Its an auto, to answer an earlier question. I was thinking about lowering it but my drive way drops at the end so i think id end up scraping the bumpers, im still looking into that though. Is the light bar really worth it? My GT looks like Bpohlman13 except hes worked on his appearance, its looking good bruh! Im from philly and the weathers been ass lately so im waiting for a nice day to take some quality pics and ill post them

Mr.GT215 03-28-2012 06:31 PM

One more question: since i just bought the mustang yesterday, it still has the factory sound. Im trying to make it loud that you can hear it coming from down the street haha. any ideas on that ?

Shampue 03-28-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.GT215 (Post 7891438)
One more question: since i just bought the mustang yesterday, it still has the factory sound. Im trying to make it loud that you can hear it coming from down the street haha. any ideas on that ?

That depends on if it has the Mach460 sound system.

Ford was brain dead when they designed that. The factory front lower door speakers are 8ohm speakers hooked up in parallel to a 4 ohm amp so you can't just install standard car speakers. Regular 4ohm car speakers will "eventually" ruin the stock amp. Every professional car stereo place I have contacted said its best to rewire the car if you plan on redoing the stereo.

Now, if you just want to relpace the head-unit.. no problem. Plug and play

There are others more knowledgeable than I however.

Mr.GT215 03-28-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aschroeger (Post 7891444)
That depends on if it has the Mach460 sound system.

Ford was brain dead when they designed that. The factory front lower door speakers are 8ohm speakers hooked up in parallel to a 4 ohm amp so you can't just install standard car speakers. Regular 4ohm car speakers will "eventually" ruin the stock amp. Every professional car stereo place I have contacted said its best to rewire the car if you plan on redoing the stereo.

Now, if you just want to relpace the head-unit.. no problem. Plug and play

There are others more knowledgeable than I however.

Ohh okay cool, i was planning on looking into that. i want alot of bass in my stereo. when i said factory sound, i was referring to the mufflers haha mybad. Im trying to make them louder with that mean sound....anyone know what im trying to say?