Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 01 Mustang GT vert
Default HID problems...

Ok so I've had these HIDs in my car for about a year now and have been having issues with them since i put em in and I'm just now getting tired of it lol.

1. When I flip my "brights" on it's my dims and vis versa...not really a problem just kinda annoying.

2. When I turn my headlights on sometimes the drivers side headlight doesn't come on, but after turning it on and off like twice it will come on? What could that be realated to?

Any input would be great...my dad's got my car at home while I'm at school and wants to get to work on it so I told him you guys could help me out!

Thanks boys!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Built shortblock, H/C/I....70mm turbo coming together
mustangmancp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03
Send a message via AIM to Aereon

1. When I flip my "brights" on it's my dims and vis versa...not really a problem just kinda annoying.

Don't understand this question, if the headlights are dimming then it may be the ballasts since they regulate/convert current for the bulbs. If interior dome lights/dash lights are dimming you may be running a cheap kit thats drawing too much power through the lines to activate the magnet or the second bulb depending on how your high beams are setup.

2. When I turn my headlights on sometimes the drivers side headlight doesn't come on, but after turning it on and off like twice it will come on? What could that be realated to?

Possibly bad/failing igniter and or loose wires.

Big corral, very few horses.

Member of Team IRS-GT #0 ^^

The bucket is up for sale.
Aereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999

With the Hi beams/low Beams I can't say.. Mine are just on.

But with the driver side not wanting to fire up, mine used to do it too.. go through check your grounds, and plugs.. mine turned out to be a plug that didnt completely "snap" over the little nipple, because the nipple allowed the fingers of the plug to slide upwards and become loose. So I had to do some massaging on the fingers with a pair of dikes to it would stay nice and tight.
11:1 forged motor, CMS stage 2.5 NA cams,Nitrous express plate kit(100 or 150 shot havent decided), mac lt's, BBK 78mm TB unit, 24# Injectors, Hughes performance built 4r70w W/ 3200 stall. Awaiting dyno tune...

The DD:"Mader"
2005 F150 supercrew 4x4. Leveled front with an Add-a-Leaf in the rear.Sitting on 33's W/ a nice system.
jtb727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 01 Mustang GT vert

In the first question what I'm meaning is that when i flip my brights on and it shows it on my dash, its my dims, and when I turn my brights off, it goes to my high beams. Its like they're flip flopped.

Built shortblock, H/C/I....70mm turbo coming together
mustangmancp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03
Send a message via AIM to Aereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmancp View Post
In the first question what I'm meaning is that when i flip my brights on and it shows it on my dash, its my dims, and when I turn my brights off, it goes to my high beams. Its like they're flip flopped.
thats because they are flip flopped, the kit you have is an international kit, the wires for your low beam and high beam will need to be swapped. Swap the two power wires on the blue plug and that should fix that issue.

For the flickering/not firing light, #2 still applies.

Big corral, very few horses.

Member of Team IRS-GT #0 ^^

The bucket is up for sale.
Aereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Gt
Send a message via AIM to StockD15b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aereon View Post
thats because they are flip flopped, the kit you have is an international kit, the wires for your low beam and high beam will need to be swapped. Swap the two power wires on the blue plug and that should fix that issue.

For the flickering/not firing light, #2 still applies.
^This +
Click the image to open in full size.
+
get a relay harness.

I have HID projector headlights.
StockD15b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
01, 2012, ballast, convertible, firing, fordmustang, foxbody, hid, mustang, problems, sf