4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

HID problems...

Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Default HID problems...

Ok so I've had these HIDs in my car for about a year now and have been having issues with them since i put em in and I'm just now getting tired of it lol.

1. When I flip my "brights" on it's my dims and vis versa...not really a problem just kinda annoying.

2. When I turn my headlights on sometimes the drivers side headlight doesn't come on, but after turning it on and off like twice it will come on? What could that be realated to?

Any input would be great...my dad's got my car at home while I'm at school and wants to get to work on it so I told him you guys could help me out!

Thanks boys!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

1. When I flip my "brights" on it's my dims and vis versa...not really a problem just kinda annoying.

Don't understand this question, if the headlights are dimming then it may be the ballasts since they regulate/convert current for the bulbs. If interior dome lights/dash lights are dimming you may be running a cheap kit thats drawing too much power through the lines to activate the magnet or the second bulb depending on how your high beams are setup.

2. When I turn my headlights on sometimes the drivers side headlight doesn't come on, but after turning it on and off like twice it will come on? What could that be realated to?

Possibly bad/failing igniter and or loose wires.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

With the Hi beams/low Beams I can't say.. Mine are just on.

But with the driver side not wanting to fire up, mine used to do it too.. go through check your grounds, and plugs.. mine turned out to be a plug that didnt completely "snap" over the little nipple, because the nipple allowed the fingers of the plug to slide upwards and become loose. So I had to do some massaging on the fingers with a pair of dikes to it would stay nice and tight.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

In the first question what I'm meaning is that when i flip my brights on and it shows it on my dash, its my dims, and when I turn my brights off, it goes to my high beams. Its like they're flip flopped.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
In the first question what I'm meaning is that when i flip my brights on and it shows it on my dash, its my dims, and when I turn my brights off, it goes to my high beams. Its like they're flip flopped.
thats because they are flip flopped, the kit you have is an international kit, the wires for your low beam and high beam will need to be swapped. Swap the two power wires on the blue plug and that should fix that issue.

For the flickering/not firing light, #2 still applies.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
thats because they are flip flopped, the kit you have is an international kit, the wires for your low beam and high beam will need to be swapped. Swap the two power wires on the blue plug and that should fix that issue.

For the flickering/not firing light, #2 still applies.
^This +

+
get a relay harness.