4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My photo shoot

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Oh my god those pictures look amazing.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Looks good! What kind of camera was he using?
He was using a Nikon D300. He does a lot of car shows and those pics are amazing.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:15 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

I agree with everyone else when I say very nice ride. Great pictures too, came out great.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scooter3
Thanks. I use mostley Meguiars products. Their professional line which I buy from paint shops or on line. Plus I have done a lot of detail work in the past. The key is to get the paint clean with clay, put a good polish on it and then wax and seal it. This is not done by hand, but with a DA polisher. A lot of paint correction goes into it. A long process, but well worth the outcome.
Sorry i missed this when you posted it, What DA do you use? I have been looking on auto geek.net and I am about to pull the trigger on a porter cable 7424xp and a swirl remover kit because i have swirls in my paint and i cant get the swirls out with a clay bar.

This is the kit what you think?
http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpocaliswr.html
Old 04-14-2012, 09:55 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Sorry i missed this when you posted it, What DA do you use? I have been looking on auto geek.net and I am about to pull the trigger on a porter cable 7424xp and a swirl remover kit because i have swirls in my paint and i cant get the swirls out with a clay bar.

This is the kit what you think?
http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpocaliswr.html
That is a great starter kit. I have the older model so this one will be better. The XMT stuff is good stuff and is easy to work with. Just take your time when using the cutting pad (orange), because that is what takes the swirls out. Do one small section at a time. Also the clay bar does nothing to remove swirls. If anything it will cause more swirls if not done right. Good luck and let me know if you need any other help.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Strange Agent
1st Gear Member

Nice pics, and sweet car!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I use the Porter Cable 7424 on mine w/ their 3-step system and I really like it. I haven't really gotten to use it on my car yet...but i gotta get her ready for a huge car show down here so ill be up all night doin that!

Id get that kit if i were you!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:07 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scooter3
That is a great starter kit. I have the older model so this one will be better. The XMT stuff is good stuff and is easy to work with. Just take your time when using the cutting pad (orange), because that is what takes the swirls out. Do one small section at a time. Also the clay bar does nothing to remove swirls. If anything it will cause more swirls if not done right. Good luck and let me know if you need any other help.
Alright man thanks a lot. I have never buffed before so i am a little nervous about messing the paint up somehow.

What advice do you have for doing the swirl remover and using the cutting pad? Any methods or tips so i actually get rid of the swirls instead of making them worse?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
I use the Porter Cable 7424 on mine w/ their 3-step system and I really like it. I haven't really gotten to use it on my car yet...but i gotta get her ready for a huge car show down here so ill be up all night doin that!

Id get that kit if i were you!
Alright awesome i will be getting it here in a week or 2. Just wanted to get a little bit of feed back. It sucks i am so **** about my car and how clean it is and now i see swirls and it bothers me to no end
Old 04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Well I've been watchin TONS of videos on these for the past few months and watching my buddies buff their cars...and like Scooter said get like a small area taped off and go through the whole process unitl you are happy w/ the result.

You wanna go up and down the area, then side to side...and do this around 3-4 times until the swirl remover has "flashed" which means you can just barely see it on the car. This means the product is fully worked in. You wanna go slow also, don't rush it or you won't be happy w/ the results.

You wanna go back over it again if the swirls aren't completely gone. Then just do you white and black pads to finish it off in the same matter.

Theres tons of videos out there on Youtube. I use Adams products and he has a whole series on Youtube. Even the Adams website has a ton of videos...im getting kind of obsessed with this whole cleaning thing myself. Now that my car is moving towards non DD status i plan to keep it spotless!

Quick Reply: My photo shoot