4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My photo shoot

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 04:32 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

And it's damn near impossible to burn the paint w/ the 7424...maybe the safest way to buff the car!

That's why i got it lol!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:25 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

^really? Awesome that great to hear thanks alot man

And i have been wathcing some of the videos on auto geek and it does seem really simple. I guess the key is to not rush it and dont just jump into it, if i tape off a small area and try that i should be fine,

Thanks a lot for the advice guys hope to have my car buffed and a good coat of wax on soon
Old 04-14-2012, 06:27 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Well I've been watchin TONS of videos on these for the past few months and watching my buddies buff their cars...and like Scooter said get like a small area taped off and go through the whole process unitl you are happy w/ the result.

You wanna go up and down the area, then side to side...and do this around 3-4 times until the swirl remover has "flashed" which means you can just barely see it on the car. This means the product is fully worked in. You wanna go slow also, don't rush it or you won't be happy w/ the results.

You wanna go back over it again if the swirls aren't completely gone. Then just do you white and black pads to finish it off in the same matter.

Theres tons of videos out there on Youtube. I use Adams products and he has a whole series on Youtube. Even the Adams website has a ton of videos...im getting kind of obsessed with this whole cleaning thing myself. Now that my car is moving towards non DD status i plan to keep it spotless!
This is one of the reasons i am pickey about my car, its not my DD. So i try to keep the car as close to show ready as possible
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Stick with what mustangmancp has mentioned. I have detailed a lot of cars and black is about the hardest color to get right. Remember it is paint correction. You will never get rid of the swirls, you are only "hiding" them. The DA polisher will never burn the paint like a rotory buffer does. Small areas, take your time. Do it when it is cool and good light so you can see the results. If you have a good work light use that to see how things are going. Check out as many videos as you can to get an idea of what to do. Once you get going it is pretty simple. Just time consuming.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Alright man awesome thanks for the tips.

I know black is a pain to keep clean but when it is clean i love the wa it looks. I have used the black box by turtle wax a few times and i think that kit does a very good job for $30, but i am wanting my car to shine off better then what it does with the turtle wax, after a few rains the turtle wax goes away and you have to do it al over again. I am hoping with the swirl remover that i can hide the swirls good enough for them to stay away