4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Damn, wonder how MMR heads are.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

dammnnnnn. All it takes is one guy to have a bad experience to reveal how a company really works. I'll never be dealing with woody at ford strokers ever again after my experiences.

sooooo, who wants to buy some mhs stage 2 blower cams? lol. (yes i'm really selling them and listed them before i saw this)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Damn, wonder how MMR heads are.
My buddy has mmr's with no issues and has made good power. I would be sending mine to mmr anyways, nicks prices seem way too high and I dont like waiting 2 months, and now I deff wont be doing any more business with him.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

It is one incident and this customer is posting on every forum
Nick would get my business again
I'm sure he'll chime in
Old 04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
dammnnnnn. All it takes is one guy to have a bad experience to reveal how a company really works. I'll never be dealing with woody at ford strokers ever again after my experiences.

sooooo, who wants to buy some mhs stage 2 blower cams? lol. (yes i'm really selling them and listed them before i saw this)
trade for mhs stage 2 n/a? lol
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I have never delt with MHS and never really planned to due to not liking their cam profiles so I can't really advise people not to buy from them, but after reading this guys story it seems like he got scammed out of $3500 and a set of heads and I would never trust them with my money.

I hope Nick sees all of these threads about this and makes it right for the guy.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
BADASS03SVT

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
I'm sure he'll chime in
It's one incident that now others are posting similar situations or diff ones. So far I have 5 others with bad experiences and lost time.

Are you agreeing I should be my money as well? Right now I'm out $3500
Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
I'm sure he'll chime in
Did you read where Nick scammed this dude out of $1000? One incident or not that's not the kind of business I'd ever do business with. He may do good work but he won't be getting any of my money.

If you search around you'll find other issues about his customer service. To me the one thing Nick had above other companies was his customer service. Now that he's lost that (unless he makes this right) if I ever need work done or anyone else I won't be going to MHS.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i have recommended so many people that are looking to have there heads ported to him but now i feel bad for even mentioning his name, when i build my next motor i was going to use him but will not be doing that now
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I have a quite "photographic" memory and often things that I just glance at stick in my mind and pop up later. This is one of times where the dots connected and I started doing some research.

If you do even a bit of "Googling" you can see over the last 18 months a steady decline in MHS' customer service. Going from happy customers who had to wait longer than was first quoted, to unhappy customers who have been fed enough BS to fertilize a good sized field. And now beyond that to situations like that posted here in which the honesty and integrity of the owner are reasonably being questioned.

I think the guy overloaded his own capacity, and perhaps that of his jobbers, and got so far behind that a clinical depression set in--causing him to lose interest in the work. Quality then slips, soon followed by increasingly irrational behaviour and overall malaise.

This is not meant as an excuse or justification for his screwing over customers--just as an attempt to figure out what has happened...

Quick Reply: Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this