4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

The pic of the broken cam cap was a 4v head, the pic of the worn head bold hole that was sent to the op saying it was his stock 4v heads that were bad was a pic of a non-pi 2v head.

This is not a 4v head
Old 04-20-2012, 09:08 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Oxford beat me, he and I think a lot alike--it's scary at times...

Originally Posted by BraMas
OH come on now those clearly look like 4V heads. I think the situation is bad enough for nick with out those kind of stupid rumors going around
This, from this post "over there", is the photo sent to show the damage to the OP's heads:

Is NOT a 4V head, it's not even from a modular 2V. I don't know what it is but it is definitely not a 4V head.

Here is a 4V head, show me where that head bolt boss is on a 4V head?

I don't know about you fellows, but if it was my $3500 on the line I would have been on the road headed for Casselberry some time back--it's only 90 miles from here...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Here's another thing, assuming the cam bearing cap was bolted down there is no way on God's green earth it would have broken like this in shipping without some remarkably forceful direct blow that would have left some sort of mark(s) on the cap casting:

Why are the cap bolts removed? Have any of you with any sort of shipping damage experience disassembled the damage item and then photographed it?

This, and the hammer and good cap in the background, scream at me "con job by someone who is not too bright"...
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
Here's another thing, assuming the cam bearing cap was bolted down there is no way on God's green earth it would have broken like this in shipping without some remarkably forceful direct blow that would have left some sort of mark(s) on the cap casting:

Why are the cap bolts removed? Have any of you with any sort of shipping damage experience disassembled the damage item and then photographed it?

This, and the hammer and good cap in the background, scream at me "con job by someone who is not too bright"...
This is the pic I was refereeing to as clearly a 4V I did not realize there was another picture of something else on a different forum I commented on a picture on this forum. I could care less how any of this turns out
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Yeah cliffys right, I didn't notice the bolts were out too. I don't think there's any way it would break like that with bolts n it

This is getting more and more ridiculous. Nick just needs to man up and give the guy a full refund. I know nick gets a lot of business from yellowbullet and here and sounds like no one on either forum is going back to him again
Old 04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

nick's prolly happy. he's ahead 1000 bucks, and over the past few months is going to lose quite a bit of business from all these forums. so basically all he has is the business from word of mouth. maybe now he can keep up.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
nick's prolly happy. he's ahead 1000 bucks, and over the past few months is going to lose quite a bit of business from all these forums. so basically all he has is the business from word of mouth. maybe now he can keep up.
Now he can clean up his jelly beans!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Again I will say that my advanced years have offered me an opportunity to witness this sort of thing more than once--so here's my final take:

The OP that got beat out of $3500 and the heads he sent for rebuilding (has he ever received anything from MHS? I lost track) is probably screwed. When sole proprietor businesses like this collapse they are usually down for the count. It may be that "Mr. Nick" will set things straight, however based upon the "in your face" defensive and obfuscated responses we've seen it is not likely.

The poor slob got in over his head, probably owes his jobbers and suppliers money as well, and went "cuckoo" (a medical term for "tata"). He has no cash left because he was sincerely trying to meet customer's needs but it all imploded--I know this because I have started and closed two or three small businesses over the last 40 years. I never got to the stage we have seen here, though I have been close more than once.

This horse is quite dead, and though I have contributed heartily to the thread there is really no need to beat it any further...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by BraMas
This is the pic I was refereeing to as clearly a 4V I did not realize there was another picture of something else on a different forum I commented on a picture on this forum. I could care less how any of this turns out
Same here, this was the pic I was referring too.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:55 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

One question about this picture, at the very top fringe of the picture, instead of a sledge hammer could that actually be a shelf or a table?

Quick Reply: Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this