4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

UPR control arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default UPR control arms

How are they? Looking for some good, not crazy expensive non-adjustable LCAs. The Mach is a DD but will see the track about every 2 weeks.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

which upr lowers are you talking about, they have a few different ones. Do not get a control arm with a poly bushing on each end, if you don't mind a little NVH get the ones with the heim joints.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Go with the Maximum Motorsports http://www.americanmuscle.com/maximu...rms-99-04.html
Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Overpriced

Especially when you can get UPR's Pro Series LCAs for $80 less
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Overpriced

Especially when you can get UPR's Pro Series LCAs for $80 less
I have had experience with both and let's just say you need to pay to play
Old 04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HamMach1
How are they? Looking for some good, not crazy expensive non-adjustable LCAs. The Mach is a DD but will see the track about every 2 weeks.
UPR suspension is Made in America, carries a Lifetime Guarantee, and it flat out friggin' works! We've won dozens of championships, and we're constantly setting class records. You can't go wrong with UPR.

Now here's the thing, we have a street setup that is excellent. The control arms are tubular chrome-moly and the bushings are Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings. 9 times out of 10, I recommend these arms for street driven cars. They are $206 with the mf.com discount: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...l-arm-kit.html

But you said the car "will see the track about every two weeks." That being the case, I'm inclined to recommend our Pro Street setup. It uses a polyurethane bushing at one end and a spherical bearing on the other end. This helps the suspension articulate more freely (quicker 60-foot times and overall ETs) and it also will handle a bit more abuse than our street arms.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ackage-99.html
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...gs-8-inch.html

Honestly, either option will work well, but the Pro Street setup will run a little quicker and it'll hold up a little better. (Lifetime Guarantee either way)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I am a fan on team z control arms, top notch. Especially if you really want to get serious with the uppers they sell uppers with relocation bracketry which is optimal for drag racing, baseline suspension also sells a set of relocated uppers thats almost the same. I run alot of upr parts, but sorry sharad Im a team z man for arms
Old 04-24-2012, 07:58 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I'm a fan of Baseline, they came out with the uppers long before Team Z copied them. I have also used UPR uppers and lowers on my 8sec fox but made brackets for the lowers to get it to hook correctly. I've used more professional stuff for really going fast. I have never used and never will use Maximum Motorsports parts. Too heavy, bad designs and way overpriced. Basicly MM is for turning not going fast.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I went with team z over baseline just on the simply fact Dave Zimmerman was alot more knowledgable over the phone than when i talked to a guy over at baseline, regardless of which you go with your going to get the same results as they are both the same material construction the only difference would probably be stiffness/strength but that would only matter on the O.D and wall thickness of the arms themselves, and there probably about the same.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

Keith and I installed a set of lowers on my car.They have a poly bushing at one end and a heim joint at the other end.For the first couple weeks they were doing a lot of creaking.Like they were breaking in or settling.Now they are as quiet as my stock set was.I would recommend them.

Quick Reply: UPR control arms