4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Get me started..

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Tyler Stone

Default Get me started..

Just recently picked up a 96..
Got it off Craigslist for $5k.. 92K miles..

Mod list when I bought it was just SLP PowerFLO Catback Exhaust, BBK H Pipe, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, 373 Gears, and Ram-Air Intake..

Looking to see what my next mod should be..

Was thinking maybe a Bama Tuner?

Looking for some suggestions!
Please and thanks!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Tyler Stone

Can I not edit my original post? I was also looking at the Stage 1 Comp cams... Opinions on those? What kinda power do most people see from them?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

you can edit after you post by hitting the edit button down at the bottom of the text window. If its not there, you may need to wait til you get enough posts and it will show up. Is this a 96 cobra or GT or 6er, what are you overal goals for the vehicle. There are a million things to do, not so sure if i would do cams just yet due to specific things down the road, like forced induction you can run a ton of duration, on a stock short block, you can go to huge due to clearance issues of the pistons, etc etc. By telling us your goals, and if this is a 2v/4v/v6 we can get you dialed in. You can slap a nice accufab throttle body it, a good tune will help, you would want to decide a dyno you will use, call them and see what they usually run before getting the tune is what i always recommend. Full length subframe connectors are praised by everyone for the overall increase of driveability of the car, but no power gains. so give us some feedback, and we can help you decide.

congrats on the new ride, hope you enjoy it.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Tyler Stone

It's a 2 valve.. mustang GT.. Prolly won't ever go FI.. Not looking for crazy power.. just maybe basic bolt ons and a little more
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

several bolt ons you can do. Larger throttle body, underdrive pulleys. tune. Get a picture on here when you can, everyone will like to see it.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Tyler Stone

here's the CL ad
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/2933193208.html
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

tyler how ironic! Theres a guy from the same state you're from (Ohio) with the same color car as you, asking the same questions under a different screen name. Damn, what are the chances of that! Tyler like I told your other counter part do a PI swap if you have not done it yet.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

well despite any of that, nice ride man, looks really nice.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Yep! tyler nice ride!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Nice lookin ride my man! honestly with your car, do a PI swap, and while the heads are off, put in some long tube headers, this will put you above most of the PI GTs(99-04) around with mild bolt ons.. Long Tube headers, are one of the most effective "bolt ons" to these cars, and if your swapping the heads, theres no better time to do it. With a PI swap, you will be higher compression than us 99+ guys, and the headers will only help that much more with the CR boost. Most of your "little mods" seem to have been done, and these two will wake it up, and put a smile on your face.

Quick Reply: Get me started..