4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Many Don't Know Me

Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

That PSI reading sounds high, with a 3.6 pulley you probably only saw 7-8 PSI.

Either way, sounds about right for an auto.

My buds car with the same 3.6 pulley and a manual made 357 rwhp.

I was running a intercooler an a 3.15 pulley making about 10-11 psi with an si trim and my car made 370s- 384 rwhp was the max it ever laid down through the auto with that setup. obviously the car ran very well so its not all about the dyno
Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Ok yeah the power for your setup sounds right then.

Get a 3.33 pulley a I/C and a powerpipe and you will notice a big difference
Definitely what I'm looking to do at the end of this year. I just want to get through the spring and summer having fun with it first.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I would put your money into heads and cams. My buddy made 525rwhp at 5000rpm (ran out of fuel system) on 10lbs with a D1 with ported heads and CMS 2.5 blower cams.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oxfordgt
I would put your money into heads and cams. My buddy made 525rwhp at 5000rpm (ran out of fuel system) on 10lbs with a D1 with ported heads and CMS 2.5 blower cams.
Was that on a 2V? I assume so. Thats pretty damn nice I like to hear that, but a D1 is a bad mawfuka. Why get a D1 for a 2V? Cant that thing spin to like 30 PSI? I don't see any 2V gobbling up 30 PSI of air.

What was his fuel system? Long tubes?

Seeing those numbers makes me feel very hopeful about my goals. I'm hoping to possibly see 600RWHP out of my setup with Stage III heads, 75MM TB, Stage II-III cams and 16 PSI out of my blower. I know thats a tall order and my builder felt pretty certain I had no chance at that. Either way i'm gonna have a tune setup to try to spray my way up to 600RWHP if I don't make it(methanol). My auto and little blower will probly stop me from hitting the goal though.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Numbers look just fine with no I/C and no power pipe. Why didnt you intercool it? Shoulda just saved and did it all at once. Regardless, start saving and intercool it ASAP otherwise all you got is a novelty racer.
^this^
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
That PSI reading sounds high, with a 3.6 pulley you probably only saw 7-8 PSI.

Either way, sounds about right for an auto.

My buds car with the same 3.6 pulley and a manual made 357 rwhp.

I was running a intercooler an a 3.15 pulley making about 10-11 psi with an si trim and my car made 370s- 384 rwhp was the max it ever laid down through the auto with that setup. obviously the car ran very well so its not all about the dyno
my tuner said that i made 10psi on a 3.6 no powerpipe, but on the street ive never seen more than 7
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oxfordgt
Was that on a 2V? I assume so. Thats pretty damn nice I like to hear that, but a D1 is a bad mawfuka. Why get a D1 for a 2V? Cant that thing spin to like 30 PSI? I don't see any 2V gobbling up 30 PSI of air.

Seeing those numbers makes me feel very hopeful about my goals. I'm hoping to possibly see 600RWHP out of my setup with Stage III heads, 75MM TB, Stage II-III cams and 16 PSI out of my blower. I know thats a tall order and my builder felt pretty certain I had no chance at that. Either way i'm gonna have a tune setup to try to spray my way up to 600RWHP if I don't make it(methanol). My auto and little blower will probly stop me from hitting the goal though.
517hp 456tq @11psi Exact mods are Vortech with 3.33 pulley, aftercooler, MHS stage I blower cams, MAC LT, Lethal X-pipe, SLP PowerFlo cat-back, Anderson Power Pipe, 60lb injectors, 90mm MAF, and twin super car pumps.

That was with a v2 blower stock shortblock and blower cams in the stock heads. Since its a bullitt the factory bullitt intake. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...d-today-2.html
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

This was the car

He had my stock heads ported by my friend(probably the best head porter in the country), TFS intake also ported, CMS stage 2.5 blower cams, forged bottom end, longtubes, catback. He had 1 gt40 pump and a (bandaid) boost a pump.

If he ever spends more then 4 months in country he is going to upgrade his fuel system and pulleys and shoot for 750rwhp.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Well got my car back and it felt good until it popped a code. I don't know why I didn't see these issues before I got it. The IAT sensor built in to my original MAF I need to rewire to the the discharge dude.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

The 2 outside wires of the MAF connector are the IAT wires. Polarity doesn't matter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Many Don't Know Me